PDA

View Full Version : Deezer!

andlauer
2007-08-22, 08:47
Check www.deezer.com: it provides free and legal streaming of music, including mainstream and french pop!

Deezer cries for a SqueezeNetwork/SlimServer plugin!

Enjoy!

Jean-Charles

forfunky
2007-08-31, 02:28

I absolutely agree.

This is even better than Pandora - and can be used outside the United States.

-- Casper

James_B
2007-08-31, 03:36
This site looks brilliant. But wait.. a World first? Free? and European?

Musht be shome mishtake?

mherger
2007-08-31, 04:09
> Musht be shome mishtake?

....and they're not even based in Russia...

Michael

-Stef-
2007-08-31, 04:13

I second that. Lets hope (for those who got deprived from Pandora) that it will last.

James_B
2007-08-31, 08:49
Real beginner question coming up but is there any ad-hoc way to stream this to an SB3?

nicketynick
2007-08-31, 08:56
Yee haw! This is awesome! I was really feeling despondent about losing Pandora......

Ramage
2007-08-31, 11:09
Real beginner question coming up but is there any ad-hoc way to stream this to an SB3?

Use the WaveInput Plugin which will stream the output of your sound card. See this thread:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=35718

-Stef-
2007-08-31, 13:38
Use the WaveInput Plugin which will stream the output of your sound card. See this thread:

Can someone post what the bitrate is? Or does that depend on the file that was uploaded?

I can only get Deezer through its embedded player so I cannot tell what the bitrate is.

James_B
2007-08-31, 13:47
I think I read it is 128k but I also posted a query on this topic on the deezer forum.

Does sound a bit naff sometimes though..

-Stef-
2007-09-01, 10:41

Too bad. I guess the waveinput plugin doesn't work in Slimserver 6.5.1. because I really wouldn't know where to find the "Wave Input" plugin page. I can see it in my SS settings/plugins page where it is ticked but I cannot find a play button. I also see the Waveinput folder created in the slimserver/server folder.

From the readme file:

"Navagate to the "Wave Input" plugin page and press PLAY to select the audio input. You can stop, pause, play and save the Audio Input source as a favorite or playlist just like any other web link or song."

Ramage
2007-09-01, 11:50
Too bad. I guess the waveinput plugin doesn't work in Slimserver 6.5.1. because I really wouldn't know where to find the "Wave Input" plugin page. I can see it in my SS settings/plugins page where it is ticked but I cannot find a play button. I also see the Waveinput folder created in the slimserver/server folder.

From the readme file:

You're almost there. The instructions are not very clear, but you need to navigate to the Plugins menu on the Squeezebox using the remote, then move up/down to find wavein then press play.

If you have an output from your PC audio card then this should now stream to your SB.

Hope this helps, I believe it works on any 6.5 Slimserver.

-Stef-
2007-09-02, 01:10
You're almost there. The instructions are not very clear, but you need to navigate to the Plugins menu on the Squeezebox using the remote, then move up/down to find wavein then press play.

If you have an output from your PC audio card then this should now stream to your SB.

Hope this helps, I believe it works on any 6.5 Slimserver.
I see it in my Plugins menu but when I press play I only get white noise out of my speakers. BTW the file format says FLAC when I play a song with the Deezers embedded player.

edit: I unticked the FAC format in the SS settings/file types so now only the WAV and the MP3 are ticked. When I press play SB says "now playing" in the Wave input screen but the counter stays at 00:00 and I get no sound. Maybe my laptops (Compaq Armada E500) simple sound cart isn't suitable for this.

Ramage
2007-09-02, 02:25
I see it in my Plugins menu but when I press play I only get white noise out of my speakers. BTW the file format says FLAC when I play a song with the Deezers embedded player.

edit: I unticked the FAC format in the SS settings/file types so now only the WAV and the MP3 are ticked. When I press play SB says "now playing" in the Wave input screen but the counter stays at 00:00 and I get no sound. Maybe my laptops (Compaq Armada E500) simple sound cart isn't suitable for this.

Which OS are you running? In any event, you need to ensure that you have enabled "Wave Out" on your Volume control settings > Recording Control > Wave Out Mix. This ensures that the output of your sound card is input to the recording mixer.

-Stef-
2007-09-02, 03:12
Which OS are you running? In any event, you need to ensure that you have enabled "Wave Out" on your Volume control settings > Recording Control > Wave Out Mix. This ensures that the output of your sound card is input to the recording mixer.
I have Windows 2000 running but that doesn't seem to have that option in its Volume control settings.

Ramage
2007-09-02, 04:08
I have Windows 2000 running but that doesn't seem to have that option in its Volume control settings.

Sorry I have no knowledge of W2K, and cannot be more specific.

Try checking your sound facilities through Control Panel.

nicketynick
2007-09-04, 12:33
Or will they get curtailed by the major labels like Pandora and others before them? Pat?

y360
2007-09-05, 05:39
Interesting discussion about their legality in

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/08/21/blogmusik-comes-back-with-a-legal-free-music-on-demand-service/