PDA

View Full Version : Handling of tracks with no album tag

awy
2007-08-22, 06:41
How does SlimServer handle tracks which have no album? I have tried messing around with various settings but I still get silly displays when such tracks are involved. What I would expect, when doing browse-by-artist in the web interface (for example), is that under artist "Some Artist" I would see a list of (a) albums by that artist (if I have any) and (b) individual tracks that have no album tag. Instead I see the individual tracks either under "No Album" or under some-apparently random album title (which has nothing to do with the current artist). Is there any sensible way of dealing with tracks that do not have an album tag?

JJZolx
2007-08-22, 11:16
How does SlimServer handle tracks which have no album? I have tried messing around with various settings but I still get silly displays when such tracks are involved. What I would expect, when doing browse-by-artist in the web interface (for example), is that under artist "Some Artist" I would see a list of (a) albums by that artist (if I have any) and (b) individual tracks that have no album tag. Instead I see the individual tracks either under "No Album" or under some-apparently random album title (which has nothing to do with the current artist). Is there any sensible way of dealing with tracks that do not have an album tag?
They should appear under the artist under an album called "No Album". Needless to say, if you have a lot of these untagged tracks, that album will grow quite large.

What you may be seeing are the effects of SlimServer's attempts to "guess" tags by using the folder and file names. This can be disabled by going to Server Settings > Formatting > Guess Tags and clearing the format strings shown there.

Philip Meyer
2007-08-24, 08:21
Instead I see the individual tracks either under "No Album"

That is the correct behaviour. Tracks that have an artist but no album tag should be listed on an album called "No Album" under that artist.

As an alternative, consider installing Erlands' "Custom Browse" plugin. It is possible to configure a Singles browse menu that lists only songs that do not belong to an album.

If that is not what you want, you can probably configure what you want via Custom Browse.