PDA

View Full Version : StockQuotes.pm crashes SlimServer



Peter Michelson
2004-01-14, 00:54
Thanks for your help. Actually, before I saw your reply, I found earlier
postings that mentioned the whack.pl, and somehow I was able to "whack" it
in windows and get it to work. I also "whack"-ed Forecaster.pl, but that
didn't help.

The problem with Forecaster is that after I select a city and press the
right arrow, the SliimServer crashes. From earlier postings I see that
others have encountered the same issue, but I found no posted resolutions.
Any ideas?

Also, in general, where should I put new perl library files that support
slim plugins, in my perl/lib directory, my slimserver/server/plugin
directory, or elsewhere?

Thanks again :)
Peter


>From: kdf <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com>
>Reply-To: Slim Devices Discussion <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
>To: Slim Devices Discussion <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
>Subject: [slim] StockQuotes.pm crashes SlimServer
>Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:20:33 -0800
>
>That plugin appears to support server versions below 5 only. To use this
>with
>slimserver, you need whack.pl to translate. Since you need to run this
>under
>Perl, which isn't available native to Windows, I've run the translation and
>included the file below. Hope that will work for you.
>
>cheers,
>kdf
>
>Quoting Peter Michelson <pete77r (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>:
>
> > I have installed the StockQuotes.pm plugin from
> > http://www.xs4all.nl/~cbast/slimp3/index.html.
> >
> > Pressing the right arrow to scroll to the second stock quote causes the
> > SlimServer software to crash requiring a restart of the service. Has
>anyone
>
><< StockQuotes.pm >>
>

Chris Niekel
2004-01-14, 01:38
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 07:54:33AM +0000, Peter Michelson wrote:
> The problem with Forecaster is that after I select a city and press the
> right arrow, the SliimServer crashes. From earlier postings I see that
> others have encountered the same issue, but I found no posted resolutions.
> Any ideas?

It was posted before, you should uncomment line 71, and comment line 72.
Make it look like this:
my $weathercom = 'http://www.w3.weather.com/weather/narrative/';
#my $weathercom = catfile($Bin,'Plugins','forecast.txt');

Then search for your city, and type 'add' to add it. After that, cool
weatherreports!

Chris

--
I've been down so long, if I'd cheer up, I'd still be depressed.
- Lisa Simpson, Moanin' Lisa Blues.

kdf
2004-01-14, 01:39
Quoting Peter Michelson <pete77r (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>:

> Thanks for your help. Actually, before I saw your reply, I found earlier
> postings that mentioned the whack.pl, and somehow I was able to "whack" it
> in windows and get it to work. I also "whack"-ed Forecaster.pl, but that
> didn't help.
>
> The problem with Forecaster is that after I select a city and press the
> right arrow, the SliimServer crashes. From earlier postings I see that
> others have encountered the same issue, but I found no posted resolutions.
> Any ideas?
>
> Also, in general, where should I put new perl library files that support
> slim plugins, in my perl/lib directory, my slimserver/server/plugin
> directory, or elsewhere?

The resolution was, in fact, mentioned. You need to edit the Forecaster.pm to
choose between the URL or the forecast.txt file. Search Forecaster.pm for
$weathercom. the first time it appears in the module, there will be two lines.
If you want to use it online, you have to comment out the one the mentions the
text file with # as the first character. The line with the URL, remove the #.

Then it should work.

-kdf