PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to show artwork?

el rey
2007-08-21, 00:44
Hi

I got my Squeezebox V3 a little less than a year ago but I still consider myself a total newbie : )

The Squeezebox itself can not show artwork, right?

It would be cool to have a small screen showing the artwork of the the album playing at the moment (I really miss the days of vinyl ; ) though I guess all possible solutions would be quite pricy.

Any solutions?

thanks

petri

Skittler
2007-08-21, 03:53
You can have it showing on the web interface (Fishbone skin, for instance), by placing the album artwork in a file called folder.jpg or cover.jpg in the folder containing all the tracks for that album.

Not on the SB3 though, as it's short of quite a few colours and several thousand pixels :)

bpa
2007-08-21, 04:16
You could use a Nokia N770 as they are end-of-line (replaced by N800) at about stg£100 or us$130 or possibly a Sony PSP (need confirmation)

pfarrell
2007-08-22, 20:20

Correct.

It would be cool to have a small screen showing the artwork of the the album playing at the moment (I really miss the days of vinyl ; ) though I guess all possible solutions would be quite pricy.

Lots of folks use tablet PCs, smart phones, etc.
For year, I've just used obsolete laptop PCs. They show the album art very nicely, and I can use the web interface to control the SqueezeBox while I'm reading SlashDot, etc.

I rarely use the SqueezeBox remote, I use my laptop.

Machines that are too slow for decent Windows XP performance, and therefore are cheap to free, can run any of a number of small Linux distros, Knoppix, DSL, etc.

peejay
2007-08-23, 00:24
Hi

I got my Squeezebox V3 a little less than a year ago but I still consider myself a total newbie : )

Any solutions?

thanks

petri

Any Wifi - capable phone, assuming you have a wireless network which can 'see' your slimserver, and use the browser software on the phone. I use a Nokia N91, and love the wireless remote with album art etc etc that the hand-held skin on the slimserver browser provides. Yes, the screen is small, but for the functionality it's not bad. Oh, and it's a 'phone too..