PDA

View Full Version : N770 skin bug?

miked
2007-08-20, 22:20
I'm thinking about buying an N800 to use as a remote control, and have been trying out the N770 skin through IE7 on a WinXP box to control a SoftSqueeze player (we just moved, and all my Squeezeboxes are still "somewhere" in a box).

Everything looks great, EXCEPT a major problem. When I go to "now playing" or "current playlist," the current song actually playing appears, but at the next refresh, the "current song" reverts to the first song of the current playlist -- not the song that's actually playing.

For example, say I press next to get to song 3 in the playlist. In the playlist and in now playing, it will momentarily show that the current song is song 3, which is correct. At the next automatic browser refresh, this information reverts to song 1 in the playlist -- i.e., it shows that song 1 is currently playing. The softsqueeze is still correctly playing song 3, but it just doesn't show up.

I don't have this problem with any other of the skins.

So, my questions are:

1) Is this a known bug?

2) Or, is it specific to running the Nokia770 skin on IE7/WinXP as opposed to an N770 or an N800?

3) Or, is it specific to running the Nokia770 skin to control a SoftSqueeze, as opposed to a "real" SqueezeBox device?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

kdf
2007-08-20, 22:43
On 20-Aug-07, at 10:20 PM, miked wrote:

>
> 1) Is this a known bug?
>
yes, the skin is not designed for use with IE, as IE has many issues
with CSS and AJAX as used in the skin.

> 2) Or, is it specific to running the Nokia770 skin on IE7/WinXP as
> opposed to an N770 or an N800?

just IE. If you use Firefox, you get a much better representation of
what you get.
Even better if you use Opera, which is the browser used on the Nokia.

-kdf

miked
2007-08-20, 22:49
Thanks for the quick reply! That's good to know that it's not a bug that's going to be there once I get the N800!!