Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sgaspam
    • Aug 2007

Cannot read music library on NAS

I've used Slimserver and squeezeboxes successfully for a couple years now.

I have recently moved my music library to a DLINK-323 NAS device. I'm mapping the drive to my Vista machine and can readily browse to the files using Windows Explorer or through the 'My Network Places' interface. Unfortunately, the Slimserver interface will not allow me to enter any combination of paths to the music folder on that drive. I get the error:

Oops - "N:\My Music\MP3" doesn't seem to be a valid directory. Try again."

I've tried many combinations of paths, such as the one shown by the My Network explorer "\\DLINK-EC2420\Volume_1-1\My Music\MP3", etc. and nothing works. Has anyone got any ideas?

UPDATE:

I think I figured it out, from this thread:

I restarted the MySQL Slimserver process once logged in and that seemed to allow me to use "N:\My Music\MP3" properly. I hope it'll work on reboot now that I've set the Slimserver to run at login time, though maybe not, as the drive letter actually gets mapped after that at the moment.
    Last edited by sgaspam; 2007-08-20, 03:05. Reason: Figured out the problem, at least partially.
  • JJZolx
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by sgaspam
    I think I figured it out, from this thread:

I restarted the MySQL Slimserver process once logged in and that seemed to allow me to use "N:\My Music\MP3" properly. I hope it'll work on reboot now that I've set the Slimserver to run at login time, though maybe not, as the drive letter actually gets mapped after that at the moment.
    Let us know if that works. I believe the "run at login time" means to run when the user logs in to the machine, not when the machine reboots. Select the other startup option to run SlimServer as a service available without a user logged into the server, but you'll have to use the UNC path to the library (generally a better option anyway, since it doesn't rely on a drive mapping) and you may also need to run the service under a user account.

Comment

Working...