PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Connect to SlimServer After Working for 5 Days



mbakes
2007-08-19, 13:22
I have a Transporter which has been working fine for the last 5 days. Today, I started getting stoppages while playing a song. I then tried to connect to SlimServer and it just hangs. I've reinstalled the software a few times. Each time it will work and while playing a song it will pause and intermittently start (for second) then pause. I try to reconnect and it just hangs. I've reset the Transporter and wireless router and the same thing happens. It finds the network, gets the ip automatically then finds my computer then goes to connect and gets hung up at this point. I am running Vista Business.

Any help would be appriciated.

I just connected my sons XP Home computer and it seems to work for the moment. I am guessing it is a Vista issue. I checked the Vista sticky above and didn't see a patch. Has it been included in the latest firmware?

egd
2007-08-19, 14:19
I just connected my sons XP Home computer and it seems to work for the moment. I am guessing it is a Vista issue. I checked the Vista sticky above and didn't see a patch. Has it been included in the latest firmware?

One patch that is sure to work very well is a Linux CD. Facetiousness aside, for some reason slimserver performs a lot better under Linux. If you have a spare (perhaps older) machine available for use as a file server it would make a great slimserver host.

mbakes
2007-08-19, 14:43
One patch that is sure to work very well is a Linux CD. Facetiousness aside, for some reason slimserver performs a lot better under Linux. If you have a spare (perhaps older) machine available for use as a file server it would make a great slimserver host.

Thanks. I've been considering picking up an older mac mini to use. Until then, I'm stuck with my Vista notebook.

Keith
2007-08-20, 05:52
Don't know if this will help but you could try using a fixed IP address. Just that the other day my partner was using one of the SB2's as a bridge and all hell let loose with the rest of my SB2's (both wired and wireless) seems that the issue was IP address duplication. Setting up a fixed IP address fixed the initial problem while I worked out what was causing it. I'm now back to DHCP and things are working normally.

mbakes
2007-08-20, 08:32
After using my son's xp computer for a while, I decided to try it again with my Vista computer and it worked. I have no explanation for what happened and hopefully I won't have a problem again.