PDA

View Full Version : Showing time on SB3 without Slimserver

Frodonf
2007-08-15, 05:28
Hello everyone,

When I don't use my Squeezebox to listen to my music, I use it as a clock (I know there is many other possibilities...). But if I turn my computer off, the screen goes blank. I can connect to SqueezeNetwork to have the time and date back, but I have to reconnect to SlimServer each time I want to turn the music on.

I would like to know if it is possible to have the time and date showing on the Squeezebox even if the computer running Slimserver is off AND without having to connect to SqueezeNetwork ?

slimpy
2007-08-15, 05:44
No. The Squeezbox is a rather dumb (or slim) device that knows nothing about time or clocks. It only displays what the server sends to it. If there's no server connected (local slimserver or squeezenetwork) there's nothing to display.

-s.

Frodonf
2007-08-15, 05:52
Thanks for your answer Slimpy :)

So is there a way (or a plugin) to tell the Squeezebox to get the time and date from the SqueezeNetwork if it can't get it from the SlimServer and then get back to the SlimServer when it's back on ?

auronthas
2007-08-15, 05:58
You can have your clock display on SB with PC off, by connecting to SqueezeNetwork and provided your wireless network is on all time. Please note SB is on all time unless you unplug the power outlet, SB rely on wireless or wire network to get the data from either SN or SS.

slimpy
2007-08-15, 06:12
There's no plugin that I know of. However, you can expect a better Squeezenetwork integration in the forthcoming Slimserver v7. Maybe even automatic switching between Slimserver/Squeezenetwork?
I'm not a developer and haven't tested v7 yet but the roadmap indicates a lot of changes in this area.
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?SlimServer7Spec

-s.

Frodonf
2007-08-15, 07:14
Ok. Thanks again :)

NewBuyer
2007-08-16, 23:26
Thanks for your answer Slimpy :)

So is there a way (or a plugin) to tell the Squeezebox to get the time and date from the SqueezeNetwork if it can't get it from the SlimServer and then get back to the SlimServer when it's back on ?

I second this request. This would be very convenient, I would definitely use it too.