PDA

View Full Version : Accuradio - Compatible with SlimServer ?

robbiex
2007-08-12, 19:13
Any experience with Accuradio ?
It is easy to play the stream from their site, but the URL and player are obscured. The URL does contain "shoutcast2" which is interesting.

andyg
2007-08-12, 19:44
All of their normal mp3 streams are available within Slim Picks -> By Webcaster -> Accuradio. They have additional "stations" that only work via their website.

robbiex
2007-08-13, 08:35
Hi Andy,

Thank you very much for the reply.
It is a nuisance but, there are two possibilities for processing those streams that must be played from the Accuradio site. The audio can be "re-streamed" from the local sound converter or recorded and added to the music library for subsequent access via SlimServer.
It is unfortunate that there are so many different audio formats and transmission schemes, but that is the current state of the art.

vdonovan
2007-08-20, 10:08
The Accuradio Slimpicks for British Invasion and Motown have URLs identical to Hey, Hey, We're the Sixties. Either one plays the same music as Hey, Hey We're the Sixties.

Looking at the Accuradio website one sees that Motown and British Invasion are "sub channels" of Hey, Hey, We're the Sixties. Looking at the bottom of the Accuradio player it looks like Accuradio adds a sub-channel qualifier to their player string, but I can't see the whole string. Any hints?

toby10
2007-10-16, 05:25
The Accuradio Slimpicks for British Invasion and Motown have URLs identical to Hey, Hey, We're the Sixties. Either one plays the same music as Hey, Hey We're the Sixties.

Looking at the Accuradio website one sees that Motown and British Invasion are "sub channels" of Hey, Hey, We're the Sixties. Looking at the bottom of the Accuradio player it looks like Accuradio adds a sub-channel qualifier to their player string, but I can't see the whole string. Any hints?

Accuradio is a JOKE! It's streams are of such low quality (32k) that it is simply not listenable IMHO. Then, they duplicate these horrible sounding streams across three channels.

It's a shame cuz what they do play is a fun and well organized mix of music.

I'd gladly remove Accuradio from my menu through SN "hide menu items" but it is not an option to do so. Funny that the much better quality streams (RadioIO, ShoutCast, etc..) can be removed as a menu item. *shrug*

But then, we are getting what we pay for with Accuradio. :)