PDA

View Full Version : album art thumbnails and slimserver speed

wnshall
2007-08-07, 13:39
Hi,

I currently have album art stored as cover.jpg, typically about 300x300 in size (some 500x500). I do not have any thumbnail-size files (thumb.jpg at 100x100). Am I likely to notice much improvement in speed of page loading if I generate such thumbnail-size files? I am running XP and slimserver 6.5.2 on a modest, 3-year old machine. Also, can anyone suggest software/script/tool to quickly create thumbnails from the existing cover.jpg files (preferably in some sort of batch mode)? Thanks,

-Steve

JJZolx
2007-08-07, 16:05
I currently have album art stored as cover.jpg, typically about 300x300 in size (some 500x500). I do not have any thumbnail-size files (thumb.jpg at 100x100). Am I likely to notice much improvement in speed of page loading if I generate such thumbnail-size files?

Don't bother. The thumbnail generation is surprisingly quick and once they're generated, they get cached until the next time you run a full clear/scan. And if I recall correctly, separate thumbnails have been done away with in SlimServer 7, which will be out shortly.