PDA

View Full Version : Missing items in database



rees
2007-08-06, 16:36
I have a number of artists who seem to be missing from my database. Searching or browsing for them either from the remote or the web interface turns up nothing, but I can find them if I browse by file name. A re-scan, whether full or "new and changed only," does not help.

The one common theme seems to be that the album names for these artists all contains "!". Another interesting fact is that if I search for "!" I get nothing, even though I have dozens of albums with "!" in the name.

This is slimserver 6.5.2 on OpenBSD if that makes a difference.

TreyWaters
2007-08-20, 08:15
I also seem to have missing items from my Browse lists.

One example I found the other night:

I have quite a few artists that do not show up in the "Browse->Artists" list. However, doing a "Search" for the artists shows them.

This is true for quite a few artists, and none (ok, very few) have special characters in their names. No errors show up in slimserver.log after a rescan, either.

kdf
2007-08-20, 08:32
6.5.2 has a known issue with missing artists (mostly with those files containing the composer tag). Please try the more recent releases. They contain a fix for this issue.

-kdf

trazom
2007-08-26, 09:34
I have a number of artists who seem to be missing from my database. Searching or browsing for them either from the remote or the web interface turns up nothing, but I can find them if I browse by file name. A re-scan, whether full or "new and changed only," does not help.

The one common theme seems to be that the album names for these artists all contains "!". Another interesting fact is that if I search for "!" I get nothing, even though I have dozens of albums with "!" in the name.

This is slimserver 6.5.2 on OpenBSD if that makes a difference.

I had a similar problems: some folders were just not listened and could not be found - after hours of trying, I did this and it works: go to the folder that you do not see on your HD - click on them 1 x - look if tere is some BLANK space AFTER the last letter of the name - erase the blank - do a rescan - that worked for me

good luck