PDA

View Full Version : Previous user settings?

ghostofunder
2007-08-04, 19:09
I purchased a used Squeezebox2 and started to set it up today. It immediately began trying to connect to an ip address without my making any configuration settings. The next screen said it was unable to connect to the network. I disabled my firewall but that didn't help.I also added that ip address to my router to no avail. Is is possible that it is still trying to connect based on the previous owner's settings? If so, how do I do a reset so I can start over at the beginning of setup?

JJZolx
2007-08-04, 20:43
Could be any number of issues. Maybe it had a fixed IP address, or it may be trying to use the old wireless network's authentication type and password. You could go through the network settings (press and hold the left arrow on the remote to get into network settings), but I would rather reset the device and start fresh.

To do a factory reset: Unplug the power, wait a couple seconds, then press and hold ADD on the remote while reconnecting power.

ghostofunder
2007-08-05, 10:54
Thanks a million! The reset did the trick. It immediately found my SSID and I was able to complete the setup.