PDA

View Full Version : reversing the album sort

rout
2007-08-03, 08:55
Does anyone have any idea how I can reverse the way albums sort?
ie. reversing the sort from A-Z to Z-A or vice versa?

JJZolx
2007-08-03, 09:06
Does anyone have any idea how I can reverse the way albums sort?
ie. reversing the sort from A-Z to Z-A or vice versa?

No. You do realize that in the remote interface you can easily scroll backwards through the browse lists, right?

rout
2007-08-03, 10:24
Thanks, yes. I am aware you can scroll backwards, but I was just hoping to reverse the sort regardless.

rout
2007-08-07, 11:43
We are using SlimServer for providing access to recorded classical music concerts to the musicians after they have performed.

Albums are named after the date of the performance (ex. 2007-08-05), and the SqueezeBox is accessed by many different performers - many of whom are confused when the do not see the most recent album in the list.

Is there no way to reverse the sort so that the album with the most recent date lists first?

vrobin
2007-08-07, 13:12
If I were you, I would choose between two options
- hack the code (shouldn't be difficult to do, just difficult to find) with either a "order by desc/asc" in sql or a custom sort function in pelr
- use CustomBrows with an ALBUMSORT tag filled with something like (2030-year)-(12-month)-(31-day). The albumsort can be automatically filled with some mp3tags scripting.

Both methods require a certain level of geekiness though :)

davep
2007-08-07, 15:39
Browse - New Music will give you the files sorted in the order in which they were added, with the most recent first.

davep