PDA

View Full Version : Empty artist folder

Vallier
2007-07-30, 11:16
I have recently upgrade to version 6.5.3, to combat a problem with the system not playing Apple lossless. Fixed that problem; now have another.

Now, the system indicates that there are no artists. Specifically: Your music library contains 1630 albums with 20908 songs by 0 artists.

Makes browsing a bit tough. I have forced a rescan (twice) and to no avail.

I am using Windows XP.

Any help would be grand!

Many thanks,

Anoop M.
2007-07-30, 12:08
Have you tried the lastest version of SlimServer? Try one of the nighlty's and see if that makes anythign better.

http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/6.5/

schatzy
2007-08-01, 04:00
vallier,

IF you are still having problems with the Artists ending up as 0 (zero) at the end of a scan try removing the MusicMagic Plugin.

I found that i had to remove the folder to get it to work properly.

runngdog
2007-08-01, 15:49
Same problem here - 0 artists after rescan. Right now I'm trying a full rescan; if that doesn't work, I'll try the MusicMagic delete.

Interestingly, I noticed that if I browse albums and then open a particular album, the artist is added to my artist list. So I'd only have to open 2354 albums to restore my artist info.

I also noticed that when I browse genres, I appear to lose album info -- i.e., SlimServer tells me that I have "0 albums with 5086 songs by 48 artists."

runngdog
2007-08-01, 16:07
Well, a full rescan (i.e., "Clear library and rescan everything") seems to be resolving the 0 artist problem. I'm only partway through the rescan, but I've already got 413 artists in the Artists section on SlimServer.

Vallier
2007-08-02, 21:35
Thanks everyone! I ended up cleaning out the database completely and did a scan-from-scratch (as suggested). That did the trick.

Granmo
2007-08-09, 09:30
I had the exact same problem - after adding new music and scanning for new music all the artists disappeared. But the new music showed up in albums and genres, with the correct artist name etc A full rescan found all the artists again. It's pretty weird. Did anyone report this as a bug?