PDA

View Full Version : remote control out of synch with squeezbox

johnalmeida
2007-07-30, 10:31
I recently noticed that the buttons on my remote control seemed to either do nothing or do something unexpected. When I pressed button to advance to the next song for instance my volume went up. It also seemed like in no cases was I able to use the down arrow on the directional keypad. I uninstalled and installed the latest software and upgraded the firmware on my squeezebox to no avail. It now won't even let me browse my library. I am runnning windows xp and have my music stored on an extenal usb hard-drive. From the pc I seem to be able do some of these functions.

thanks

john almeida

AllanB
2007-07-31, 00:26
[QUOTE=johnalmeida;217936]I recently noticed that the buttons on my remote control seemed to either do nothing or do something unexpected. When I pressed button to advance to the next song for instance my volume went up. It also seemed like in no cases was I able to use the down arrow on the directional keypad. I uninstalled and installed the latest software and upgraded the firmware on my squeezebox to no avail. It now won't even let me browse my library. I am runnning windows xp and have my music stored on an extenal usb hard-drive. From the pc I seem to be able do some of these functions.

Just a thought, have you changed the batteries in the remote? If they are running out strange things can happen.

johnalmeida
2007-07-31, 05:40
Hi thanks for the tip. I actually did two things. I changed the batteries on the remote and I also restored windows back to a time when I knew the squeezebox was working. It seems to have fixed the problem.