PDA

View Full Version : Clearing User ID / Password

HoraceB
2007-07-27, 05:32
Hi all
I've been a Slimserver User for about a week (but it feels like months already!). It's running on a QNAP TS109 and last night I put on the latest Progressive build of it to get AlienBBC. Unfortunately whilst tired, I made the mistake of trying to add security to it by putting in an ID and password. Unfortunately I must have pressed a wrong key when entering the password, because I'm now "locked out" of the web interface, because I can't log on.

I guess I can uninstall it and then reinstall it again, but presumably there is a way I can either delete the user of password using Putty?

Alan

Siduhe
2007-07-27, 06:25
I'm assuming you've added the security to slimserver (not to the Qnap?).

If you can get to the slimserver.pref file, take a backup of the file first, then open up in a text editor, and you should be able to scroll down and manually delete the password. Save, restart slimserver, and you should be able to log in just by putting in your user name, and leaving the password blank.

HoraceB
2007-07-27, 06:42
"I'm assuming you've added the security to slimserver (not to the Qnap?)."

Yes, that's correct

"If you can get to the slimserver.pref file, take a backup of the file first, then open up in a text editor, and you should be able to scroll down and manually delete the password. Save, restart slimserver, and you should be able to log in just by putting in your user name, and leaving the password blank."

Sounds a good plan, I'll try that in a couple of days when I'm back home. Thanks

Alan