PDA

View Full Version : Problems with accessing library

harvster
2007-07-25, 08:17
I was able to successfully add my music library to Slimserver, but when I try to browse my music, it says "waiting for 127.0.0.1" and "loading" and finally just returns with no response.

I can *temporarily* resolve the problem by rebooting the computer. It will work for a while (ranging from a few minutes to an hour or two) but then go back to the same issue.

I was on the phone with tech support yesterday, and we explored the following strategies:

i) firewall: it already had the exceptions for the required ports.

ii) internal versus external drive: I copied my library from an external (USB) drive to my internal drive, but the problem persists.

Anyone have this problem and can help? My OS is Windows XP Professional Ver 5.1 Service Pack 2.

Thanks!

harvster
2007-07-25, 08:29
Oh, one more tidbit of info: I can also resolve the problem temporarily by stopping and re-starting Slimserver.

Anoop M.
2007-07-25, 12:31
Oh, one more tidbit of info: I can also resolve the problem temporarily by stopping and re-starting Slimserver.

Is there any antivirus on the computer? If so who makes it?

harvster
2007-07-25, 13:19
Yes, McAfee. But shouldn't the port exceptions take care of any problems with that? (The anti-virus and firewall software are integrated.)

Thanks!

Anoop M.
2007-07-25, 13:24
Yes, McAfee. But shouldn't the port exceptions take care of any problems with that? (The anti-virus and firewall software are integrated.)

Thanks!

Everything you are describing sounds like the problem is coming from your Mcafee. Yes the exceptions should make it work properly but to make sure, can you uninstall Mcafee(only if you have the means of putting it back on) and see if the SB3 will connect then?

harvster
2007-07-25, 13:29
Well, that's a bit complicated since my machine was configured by my systems people at work. If I uninstall the software, it will be a problem to get it back. And I certainly don't want to be without anti-virus protection!

Is there anything I can do in the McAffe configuration to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Siduhe
2007-07-25, 13:47
Try adding a program exception to McAfee for slim.exe and socketwrapper.exe. Then reboot.

harvster
2007-07-26, 06:12
I added the exceptions in the McAfee software, but the problem persisted. So, I uninstalled McAfee and installed Norton Anti-virus instead. Now everthing is fine!

Thanks for your help.