PDA

View Full Version : Remote stopped working

yoffer
2007-07-24, 16:43
Had my SB3 for 3 weeks now and all of sudden the remote has stopped working completely, I tried replacing the batteries but that hasn't made any difference, just wondered if anybody else had experienced the same problem, or am I just unlucky.

Anoop M.
2007-07-25, 12:01
Had my SB3 for 3 weeks now and all of sudden the remote has stopped working completely, I tried replacing the batteries but that hasn't made any difference, just wondered if anybody else had experienced the same problem, or am I just unlucky.

Do you have a digital camera? If you do then point the remote at the lens and press a button. Throught the lcd screen do you see s white light when the button is pressed? If you do not then the remote is bad and contact Support AT slimdevices DOT com.

geoffb
2007-07-25, 12:16
On 7/24/07, yoffer wrote:
>
> Had my SB3 for 3 weeks now and all of sudden the remote has stopped
> working completely, I tried replacing the batteries but that hasn't
> made any difference, just wondered if anybody else had experienced the
> same problem, or am I just unlucky.

As well as Anoop's suggestion, check under Player Settings -> Remote
to make sure that the checkbox for 'Slim_Devices_Remote' hasn't
somehow been cleared.

Cheers,
Geoff

yoffer
2007-07-25, 16:01
Thanks for your responses, tried with the camera and seems the remote has died completely its not emitting IR, have contacted customer service for a new remote

thanks again

Yoffer

Barnabas
2007-07-27, 04:04
I also saw some problems with my remote. It has been used a *lot* since I bought my SB, and wear and tear naturally sets in.

I took the remote apart and whiped the print down with some Pronto (WD-40) (or similar).

Now the remote works as a brand new one once again.