PDA

View Full Version : Next candidate for best remote control?

totoro
2007-07-24, 11:29
This looks better than the nokia thing (770 or whatever)

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3829

JJZolx
2007-07-24, 13:21
I think I'd hold off on buying anything that resembles a Nokia thing until it becomes apparent what Logitech is doing with Jive. After all, Logitech is in the remote control business, so it's bound to be a priority to sell you a remote to control your music player. I'm sure they've got hardons just thinking about the Sonos model where the remote control costs more than the player.

Paul Webster
2007-07-24, 13:49
That Asus device looks way to big to consider as a remote control

Weight: 2lbs
Dimensions: 8.9 in x 6.5 in x 0.82 in - 1.37 in (width x depth x thickness)

A small laptop PC - maybe - but not a remote.

hunta
2007-07-25, 05:32
That Asus device looks way too big to consider as a remote control

Not to mention way too ugly... My living room's no show room, but I don't think I'd want that thing cluttering the place up.

Sorry, don't mean to sound overly negative. Small is beautiful though... (and yeah, I know, expensive!).

Mark Lanctot
2007-07-25, 07:04
It's a neat idea as a very cheap PC, but not a great SlimServer remote (any more than a laptop would be a good remote, which it isn't). A tablet would be much nicer, but tablets are hideously expensive.

Gibbo
2007-07-25, 07:45
the nokia 770 is only 70 now in the uk, not to obad I guess, but then again that is just a fancy remote for one device.

Quite amusing seeing loads of people paying over 100 on ebay for them when you can by them online for much less, so tempting to set up a business!