PDA

View Full Version : Music Folder Shortcuts?

cliston
2007-07-20, 13:28
I am having trouble installing shortcuts in my music folder.

I have 4 external USB drives filled with wav and FLAC files, but I cannot seem to link to them in my music folder.

When I install a shortcut to my music folder the music folder nevers sees the shortcut.

Mark Lanctot
2007-07-20, 13:56
Did you rescan?

What OS and SlimServer version?

cliston
2007-07-22, 06:13
I did rescan and nothing comes up. I can see them in the external drive, but the Squeezebox does not.

I am running:

SlimServer Version: 6.5.3 - 12376 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

JJZolx
2007-07-22, 13:12
I did rescan and nothing comes up. I can see them in the external drive, but the Squeezebox does not.

I am running:

SlimServer Version: 6.5.3 - 12376 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

How are you creating the shortcuts? You need to create them from the same machine on which SlimServer runs. If you do it from another machine on your network then you'll create shortcuts from the perspective of that machine and the paths won't be correct for SlimServer.

-Stef-
2007-07-23, 10:51
How are you creating the shortcuts? You need to create them from the same machine on which SlimServer runs. If you do it from another machine on your network then you'll create shortcuts from the perspective of that machine and the paths won't be correct for SlimServer.

Ahh, thanks for the golden tip! I still didn't solve my problem I posted in my topic below:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=34207

Now it finally works. :)