Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric Seaberg
    • Oct 2006

Transporter spitting out IP SPOOF on Network

I just installed a SonicWALL firewall/router on my home network. If you have any fear of having your Cable/DSL line being attacked, this stuff is well worth looking into.

Anyway, the router keeps a pretty substantial log of traffic in and out of my home network. Every 12 minutes or so, the Transporter is sending out what is called IP SPOOF to the WAN. The LAN IP address for the Transporter isn't even correct (it's a self assigned 169.254.xxx.xxx address) and the only way I know it's the Transporter is by the MAC address.

Is it possible that, even though I'm connected via ethernet, the WIRELESS on the Transporter is trying to connect somehow? (Actually, that can't be because I'm using WPA on my wireless and that hasn't been setup on the TP).

Anyone with ideas? I can turn the IP SPOOF logging function off, since it is a bit annoying, but I'd rather try to figure out what's causing it. My SB3 (wireless) doesn't have any messages.

Thanks
    Eric Seaberg - San Diego
    A.E.S., I.E.E.E., S.M.P.T.E., S.P.A.R.S.
    [email protected]
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Eric Seaberg
    (it's a self assigned 169.254.xxx.xxx address) and the only way I know it's the Transporter is by the MAC address.
    169.254 probably means it couldn't find a DHCP server.

Press back (left arrow) on the remote until it goes back to network setup and either static IP assign it on the correct subnet, or have it re-detect DHCP.

Comment

• Eric Seaberg
      • Oct 2006

But it's connected and has a valid IP address. Even while it's playing it's sending out this invalid 'spoof' every 12 minutes. I just told the router not to log the activity.
      Eric Seaberg - San Diego
      A.E.S., I.E.E.E., S.M.P.T.E., S.P.A.R.S.
      [email protected]

Comment

• SuperQ
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Eric Seaberg
        But it's connected and has a valid IP address. Even while it's playing it's sending out this invalid 'spoof' every 12 minutes. I just told the router not to log the activity.
        weird.. I'll startup a tcpdump on my firewall box and see if I can see that kind of traffic from my squeezeboxen.

Comment

Working...