PDA

View Full Version : Had to go wired

Kyle
2007-07-16, 12:41
The installers just left. I had used my SB3 wirelessly for more than a year -- about a 50-foot carry through several walls. Unfortunately, this had become more and more problematic. I tried different routers and even Homeplugs to no avail. Finally just decided to run CAT-5. My local security company did a nice, clean install for $90 -- not much more than the Homeplugs, which I sent back to the retailer. With this kind of bandwidth, maybe I'll give Inguz a try!

Nostromo
2007-07-16, 13:07
I'm thinking of doing that also... Is there such a thing as painless wireless? There's always a problem. My damn wireless router stops working once in a while. Not sure why. The only solution I found so far is resetting it. Now, that doesn't even work anymore. I'll try upgrading the firmware.

haunyack
2007-07-16, 16:07
I'm thinking of doing that also... Is there such a thing as painless wireless? There's always a problem. My damn wireless router stops working once in a while. Not sure why. The only solution I found so far is resetting it. Now, that doesn't even work anymore. I'll try upgrading the firmware.

Have you tried cloning your MAC address?
My Linksys router was subject to the same problem but this "fix" fixed it.

Nostromo
2007-07-17, 08:41
Well, I upgraded the firmware and it seems to be all right. But I'll wait. Maybe the problem will return. If it does, I'll try your suggestion. Thanks!

Anne
2007-07-17, 09:56
Well, my problems are with radio. "Connection Timed Out" it says, and the SB3 stops responding to the remote, and freezes.
I actually always use the same radio station, "Happyday" its called.
Upgrading firmware to the router is a must do ! I couldnt make my D-Link 4300 work before upgrading the firmware. The music would play, with controlling it from SlimServer, but the remote wouldnt work.