PDA

View Full Version : Album Art acting weird!

david68
2007-07-15, 09:49
Hi, not a huge problem but an annoyance....

I have SS set to display album art when I click on albums and everything displays correctly with the exception of one album. Even after doing a "clear library and rescan everything" the picture displayed is for another of my albums. In other words that picture is displayed twice - correctly against the album it relates to and incorrectly against the album in question. However, if I click on the album to move to the page where the individual tracks are listed then the correct art shows!

I don't know if it's coincidence but the two alums in question are next to each other, alphabetically, in my PC's music folder.

Any ideas how to get the correct art to display in album view?

hunta
2007-07-16, 05:35
Album Art is definitely one of the more arcane areas of SlimServer. SS sometimes uses the album art embedded in the file's tag, sometimes (various) file(s) in the file's folder. I don't pretend to understand what it does when, but it does at least give an explanations as to why you're seeing one version of the image in one page and another elsewhere.

I don't know the specific answer to your problem but from issues I've had in the past you could check the following:

- Stop SlimServer
- Put a copy of the graphic file you want to use as your artwork to one side. Delete all other graphic files from the folder.
- Strip the album art from the tag using Tag+Rename. Even better, remove all tags from the album's files and start afresh. There are various flavours of tag and not all apps deal with all of them. I know that T+R does and it's solved seemingly intractable problems for me in the past.
- Drag & drop the file you'd put to one side into T+R to embed a version into the tag.
- Place a single copy of the file in the folder as folder.jpg
- If you're using MusicIP ensure that it's picked the files up afresh now that the tags have been rebuilt
- Restart SlimServer
- Clear library and rebuild

Hope this helps...

dazbarber
2007-07-16, 07:14
This has happened to me in the past and also happened just yesterday to a new album I'd added (after I'd done a 'rescan everything').

The album in question has just one graphic file (folder.jpg) as do all my other albums.

A press of F5 cleared the problem eventually but there seems to be no pattern to the problem starting.

david68
2007-07-16, 08:38
Thanks for the help guys.

By chance today (before I read the responses) I tried right clicking on the 'offending' album art image and selected 'This Frame' then 'Reload Frame' from the menu that appeared. The whole page reloaded (not just the image I was clicking on) and this time with the correct image.

Strange how that worked when a clearing the library and rescanning didn't!

hunta
2007-07-16, 11:05
I guess your browser decided it already knew what to display...

Glad it's sorted. Those single niggles are the most annoying.