PDA

View Full Version : Scanner dies with SQL error on 6.5.3 Release

chrisla
2007-07-13, 15:47
Since upgrading from a recent 6.5.3 nightly to 6.5.3 release (or 6.5.4 nightly) I am having the scanner die with a SQL error:

==> slimserver.log <==
frame 13: Slim::Music::Import::runImporter (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 265)
frame 14: Slim::Music::Import::runScan (/usr/local/slimserver/scanner.pl line 175)
frame 15: (eval) (/usr/local/slimserver/scanner.pl line 169)
frame 16: main::main (/usr/local/slimserver/scanner.pl line 306)

2007-07-12 23:52:47.9572 ERROR: Scanner: Failed when running main scan: [Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): Error executing 'INSERT INTO contributors (musicbrainz_id, name, namesearch, namesort) VALUES (?, Kenneth Gamble/Leon Huff, Kenneth Gamble/Leon Huff, Kenneth Gamble/Leon Huff)': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Gamble/Leon Huff, Kenneth Gamble/Leon Huff, Kenneth Gamble/Leon at /usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.
]

2007-07-12 23:52:47.9593 ERROR: Scanner: Skipping post-process & Not updating lastRescanTime!

This is happening on several songs.

This sort of thing seems more and more common, perhaps LogiSlim needs a DB of real world tags. People could use a utility to strip out the music data, and submit trees of meta music to create a real world torture test to be run before releases go out. Such a test certainly would have run on the nightly and failed on the release in my case.

Also as an aside moderation of the forums seems to have some new policies and people, I certainly don't recall threads ever being locked before recently.

It's back to 6.5.2 for me I guess (which was broken in less serious ways)...

Thanks,

-Chris