PDA

View Full Version : Questions re Rhapsody link

jleinbach
2007-07-13, 08:52
I am a long time Rhapsody subscriber and would like to get off players that rely on UPnP to Rhapsody running on a local PC, but I have a couple of questions:

1) When linked directly to Rhapsody do I just see my Rhapsody music library or can I also directly search all of rhapsody and play and/or add things to my rhapsody library that way?

2) Do Rhapsody channels work (both their own or the custom user defined ones)?

3) If I run SlimServer to gain access to my locally stored mps collection is it easy to flip back and forth between playing local mp3s and playing Rhapsody directly, or do I have to log out of Rhapsody, log back i, etc?

THANKS!

Jared

andyg
2007-07-13, 08:58
I am a long time Rhapsody subscriber and would like to get off players that rely on UPnP to Rhapsody running on a local PC, but I have a couple of questions:

1) When linked directly to Rhapsody do I just see my Rhapsody music library or can I also directly search all of rhapsody and play and/or add things to my rhapsody library that way?

All of the above.

2) Do Rhapsody channels work (both their own or the custom user defined ones)?

Yes.

3) If I run SlimServer to gain access to my locally stored mps collection is it easy to flip back and forth between playing local mp3s and playing Rhapsody directly, or do I have to log out of Rhapsody, log back i, etc?

If you run SlimServer 7 trunk, you can play Rhapsody Direct and your own files side-by-side in the same SlimServer. Otherwise, you need to switch to SqueezeNetwork to play Rhapsody Direct.

jleinbach
2007-07-13, 09:15
Thanks for the insanely fast response. A couple follow up questions:

1) I don't want to go the SlimServer 7 trunk route because then everything is reliant on the PC being up and running (I'd rather just lose the local stuff if it get's itself in trouble). How cumbersome is the 'switching' process between SlimServer running locally and SqueezeNetwork? Pain in the butt or not too bad?

2) Is there alpha search for finding things in the Rhapsody library (or something else to make it reasonable)? In general is finding a specific track out there in Rhapsodyland (assuming you know the artist and album) a managable task, or an all-nighter?

Thanks again for the feedback.

andyg
2007-07-13, 09:17
It's not hard to switch to SqueezeNetwork.

Searching is very easy, you can even search via the SN website. Go give it a try. :)