PDA

View Full Version : How do I manually add one song?

Finalheaven
2007-07-12, 16:35
I added a new song to my iTunes (it is NOT a protected song). How do I add this song to my slimserver library? Without having to rescan my entire library, or rescan new songs, or rescan new playlists.

One song. Without rescanning 20 gigs of music.

Thanks.

Anoop M.
2007-07-12, 17:37
I added a new song to my iTunes (it is NOT a protected song). How do I add this song to my slimserver library? Without having to rescan my entire library, or rescan new songs, or rescan new playlists.

One song. Without rescanning 20 gigs of music.

Thanks.

Unfortunately there is no way to add music without scanning. You will have to either scan for new music or rescan the entire library.

myrrh
2007-07-12, 20:26
I make a directory called "listening station" under SlimServer music folder which I can drop one off tracks into. Then from SlimServer or SqueezeBox browse by music folder to play. Once you queue the track to play it is added to the database. No rescan required. Not perfect but usable.

Craig

Nikhil
2007-07-12, 20:36
Yes you can!

If you Browse from the 'Music Folder' menu on your SB or via the web interface, you should be able to navigate to the newly added track even if it is not in your library (as long as it is among the folders that slimserver normally scans - you can make a shortcut if it isn't). You can then play it or add it to a playlist, and it will get added to your library. I do it all the time when I just want to add a single track or one album.

Nikhil

Siduhe
2007-07-13, 00:43
What Nikhil said! Although, you need to have input a value into the Music Folder bit of Server Settings to use the Browse Music Folder Functionality.

If you're just relying on Itunes Library syncing, not sure that there is an easy way to do what you want without rescanning.

Also, you can set up timed rescans, to avoid the inconvenience of having to scan whilst you are using Slimserver to listen to music. Mine is set for 4am, so it only bothers the cats...

Rick B.
2007-07-13, 06:09
Yes you can!

If you Browse from the 'Music Folder' menu on your SB or via the web interface, you should be able to navigate to the newly added track even if it is not in your library (as long as it is among the folders that slimserver normally scans - you can make a shortcut if it isn't). You can then play it or add it to a playlist, and it will get added to your library. I do it all the time when I just want to add a single track or one album.

Nikhil

I have two drives, D: and F:. I have a shortcut in D: to point to F:. I can access all files in Slimserver and re-scans work correctly, but if I have new music in F: I can't see it by browsing Music Folder. I have to re-scan. Any ideas? Thanks.