PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Buffalo LS for Storage

jacabo
2007-07-10, 21:04
I have all my music stored on my Buffalo link station and am running into problems keeping the path "live" in my music library.

I use the i-tunes library for my SB3 and frequently find that itunes cannot find the music that i have imported. Under the advanced tab i have tried both the following paths for consolidating my music:
1) L:\Music
2) \\Hs-dhgld74\buffalo\Music

the latter seems to work better with slim server 3 (when itunes can find it) but i find myself having to frequently reimport all my music.

have others had this experience?

any help appreciated

Anoop M.
2007-07-11, 14:44
I have all my music stored on my Buffalo link station and am running into problems keeping the path "live" in my music library.

I use the i-tunes library for my SB3 and frequently find that itunes cannot find the music that i have imported. Under the advanced tab i have tried both the following paths for consolidating my music:
1) L:\Music
2) \\Hs-dhgld74\buffalo\Music

the latter seems to work better with slim server 3 (when itunes can find it) but i find myself having to frequently reimport all my music.

have others had this experience?

any help appreciated

Do you have iTunes installed on the Buffalo or is just your iTunes folder on the buffalo? Have you gone to Server Settings-->change top pull down to iTunes and then specified where you itunes folder is? It is always best to use a UNC path or the path that you have for #2.

jacabo
2007-07-12, 08:18
Do you have iTunes installed on the Buffalo or is just your iTunes folder on the buffalo? Have you gone to Server Settings-->change top pull down to iTunes and then specified where you itunes folder is? It is always best to use a UNC path or the path that you have for #2.

i-tunes is installed on the same computer as the slimserver, but I had not specified the location of the music folder in the i-tunes drop down menue as you sugggest. I have now done so and things appear (so far) to be much improved.

thanks!