PDA

View Full Version : Added 2nd Squeezebox, it works fine but...

Denver_80203
2007-07-09, 20:37
The server only "sees" the new device. I'm having trouble following the directions describing how to switch between the new Device that I just named "Living Room" and the old device that will be named "Garage".

So:
-I have 2 Squeezeboxes wirelessly connected to the 6.5.2 server.
-With the remotes I can browse music/internet radio on each device and listen to something different on each device at the same time (cool!)
-But the server only sees/displays current activity the newest device. (always a but, eh?)
?How do I switch the server interface from one device to the next to load music, etc from there? I noticed a line somewhere about picking from a "list of devices" but I can't find the darn thing.

Sorry if this subject has already been heavily covered.. I promise I searched about here and I tried to read the networking help guide but I didn't find a clear explanation.

Thanks!

azinck3
2007-07-09, 20:45
The server only "sees" the new device. I'm having trouble following the directions describing how to switch between the new Device that I just named "Living Room" and the old device that will be named "Garage".

The list of devices is in a drop-down at the top-right of the web page.

If you don't see this drop-down then is it possible that one of your devices is connected to squeezenetwork?

JJZolx
2007-07-09, 20:48

So:
-I have 2 Squeezeboxes wirelessly connected to the 6.5.2 server.
-With the remotes I can browse music/internet radio on each device and listen to something different on each device at the same time (cool!)
-But the server only sees/displays current activity the newest device. (always a but, eh?)
?How do I switch the server interface from one device to the next to load music, etc from there? I noticed a line somewhere about picking from a "list of devices" but I can't find the darn thing.

If you can use the remote interface then the servers sees both of them.

In the upper right-hand frame (pane) you should see a drop-down box that displays both Squeezebox names in a list. Changing this selection should change the device that the server web interface addressess. If it's not visible, it might be that the browser hasn't refreshed that frame yet. Reload the whole web page and it should appear.

Denver_80203
2007-07-09, 21:09
The list of devices is in a drop-down at the top-right of the web page.

If you don't see this drop-down then is it possible that one of your devices is connected to squeezenetwork?

Man do I feel like an idiot! There there is the Garage Device but, I had it named Bob. Heh. That's easy to change.

Thanks to both of you for pointing out the nearly to obvious!