PDA

View Full Version : Vonage Router

RalphO
2007-07-09, 07:25
I currently use my Transporter and Squeezebox on a home wireless network. The router is a Belkin one. I am considering moving my telephone service to a VOIP service and Vonage is the one that most attracts me at the moment. However, doing so will mean that I have to replace my Belkin wireless router with a Vonage one. I am concerned that my current set up is working fine and do not want to introduce any problems. So my question is are any of you using the Vonage wireless router and if so is it working fine.

Thanks

Sb42
2007-07-09, 11:12
Hi Ralph,

We run our Squeebox on our wireless LAN which uses a Linksys wireless router. Our Vonage service is provided via a Vonage router that is connected via RJ45 to the Linksys. The home phone wiring is connected via RJ11 wiring into the Vonage box. We then plug phones into any RJ11 outlet in the house.

The bottom line is that you don't have to throw out the Belkin

hope this helps...

RalphO
2007-07-09, 11:39
SB42

Well thanks for that information. When I saw that Vonage were selling wireless routers I thought that I would have to use theirs. That makes things much simpler.

Regards

Ben Sandee
2007-07-09, 13:29
On 7/9/07, RalphO <RalphO.2tgvkn1184006401 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
>
> SB42
>
> Well thanks for that information. When I saw that Vonage were selling
> wireless routers I thought that I would have to use theirs. That makes
> things much simpler.

I agree with SB42, don't use the Vonage router for your normal traffic. I
use mine as a switch and for the VOIP stuff obviously.

Ben