PDA

View Full Version : Playlists-Why can't I listen to the song first before adding?

yooper
2007-07-05, 17:51
I understand how to save a playlist, but what I dont understand is when I browse music to find songs I "may" wish to add to a playlist and play it first, the songs I had in my playlist vanish. Can't I listen to a song's before I add them to a playlist? I can only select *add to playlist* and hope it is a song I want?

Please advise,

Mark

mherger
2007-07-05, 22:31
> Can't I listen to a
> song's before I add them to a playlist? I can only select *add to
> playlist* and hope it is a song I want?

You could run Softsqueeze on your computer to check your songs, while
adding them to the SB's playlist once confirmed.

Michael

snarlydwarf
2007-07-05, 22:40
Well there are two definitions of what a play list would be:

1) A list of things to play later (or perhaps previously played)
2) A list of what is now playing (or perhaps queued to play)

It sounds like what you want is "Add currently playing track to a list of a songs to be played later".

I could have sworn there was a plugin that would let you do just that. Maybe I am senile but I don't see it right now. Though perhaps this post will remind someone of which that is.

erland
2007-07-05, 23:15
It sounds like what you want is "Add currently playing track to a list of a songs to be played later".

I could have sworn there was a plugin that would let you do just that. Maybe I am senile but I don't see it right now. Though perhaps this post will remind someone of which that is.

You are probably thinking of the PlaylistMan plugin, which I think can do exactly this:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=26989

yooper
2007-07-06, 17:33
Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated!

Mark