PDA

View Full Version : "New" remote control?

rlsx
2007-07-05, 07:46
What is the difference between the "new" remote control and the previous one?

Anoop M.
2007-07-05, 11:20
There is no difference other than the size. The new remote is a bit slimmmer. The new remote has the sleep button on the top right rather than bottom right. Also there is a Browse button on the new remote. So i take it back, there are minor differences.

rlsx
2007-07-05, 12:29
... Also there is a Browse button on the new remote. So i take it back, there are minor differences.Thank you for your reply. Since I don't own, yet, a Squeezebox, I don't know precisely what the "browse" function does. Is this capability unavailable with the old remote?

Anoop M.
2007-07-05, 12:32
Thank you for your reply. Since I don't own, yet, a Squeezebox, I don't know precisely what the "browse" function does. Is this capability unavailable with the old remote?

It is not unavailable with the old remote. You will always have the browse function with the SB3. Its just that on the new remote, instead of scrolling through options to get to browse, you can just press the browse button.

notanatheist
2007-07-08, 18:33
Personally I'm more fond of the old remote. They seem to have better range and pickup while also being a bit more durable. I tend to throw my remotes around. I really hope to be able to pick up some of the old remotes next time I have some funds free.

Don't let my opinions on the remote sway your decision. The Squeezebox rocks my socks. I'm fairly content with just three of them at home and two at work.