PDA

View Full Version : WMA Convert Error

geoff_17
2007-07-03, 01:27
I am running Slimserver on SuSE 10.2. When I run Soft squeeze on another PC (running XP) it can't stream the internet radio. I have signed up on Radiotime but when I listen to BBC Radio Streams (as I am in London) it gives "WMA Convert Error - Check File types". Any ideas? I guess it is something to do with linux but I don't know much about coding as I am a Linux Neebie.

Any help please?

Many Thanks,

Geoff

bpa
2007-07-03, 01:32
Softsqueeze doe snot support WMA natively so you need a program to transcode. Details here

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?WMA

However, since you will have a PC running all the time a better solution would be to install AlienBBC as it gives better access to ALL BBC stations not just the main live ones.

geoff_17
2007-07-13, 02:16
Thanks for the last post.

I have tried for days with no luck. Mplayer is installed and works. Lame is installed and appears to work. I have ammended convert.conf but still no luck with streaming the WMA conversion.

Any ideas?

bpa
2007-07-13, 02:41
Can you get a debug log of trying to play a stream with debug options d_source and d_parse enabled.

geoff_17
2007-07-17, 02:04
Thanks for the post.

> Can you get a debug log of trying to play a stream with debug options d_source and d_parse enabled.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

bpa
2007-07-17, 03:19
On the web interface
1. Goto Server Setting/Debugging
2. Check the d_source and d_parse settings - click change
3. On the top LHS there a paragraph of text and in the last sentence (I think) a hyperlinked word "here" - click the word "here" and it will open a debug log window.
4. Go back to Home and try to play a known working WMA stream. Copy and post the log.