PDA

View Full Version : RadioIO

ZeddZull
2007-07-02, 06:18
I see that RadioIO is completely revamping their web area. Why they couldn't have left the old site up while they did this is a mystery. But even more of a mystery is that they seem to have broken the links for Slimserver to use to retrieve their feeds.

Anyone working on updating this? Any information about when they will be back on line?

Derek Fields

mherger
2007-07-02, 06:29
> Anyone working on updating this? Any information about when they will
> be back on line?

Which slimserver version are you using? There have been changes in recent
versions.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

andyg
2007-07-02, 07:06
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=35946

ZeddZull
2007-07-02, 07:36
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=35946

I had seen this thread, which prompted me to download the nightly 6.5.3 build. When I look at the RadioIO plugin, the URL that retrieves the OPML file is the same as what I have (6.5.1) currently running.

I tried the URL

http://www.radioio.com/opml/channelsLOGIN.php?device=Squeezebox&speed=high

It gets you to what apparently will be their new page, but the link is broken (404 error page). I was hoping that they had provided more information than this.

Its kind of odd that they took down the old site before they had the new site completed.

Derek Fields

andyg
2007-07-02, 07:43
Oops I didn't know they broke our URL! I will find out what's going on.

Paul Webster
2007-07-02, 15:01
Luckily presets still work - so we can still listen in to RadioIO World - which is probably the internet radio station that we listen to most.

Paul Webster
2007-07-02, 15:14
Also - interestingly ... Reciva added RadioIO to their list of supported channels a few weeks ago - so it looks like RadioIO might be branching out to more actively support other internet radio device manufacturers.

Pellicle
2007-07-03, 07:47
I am running 6.5.2 and up till this morning my links to RadioIO were working fine. As of this morning however the links appear to be broken. The RadioIO website has been reduced to a single page with links so no contact or even login with user accounts appears impossible at the moment. Hopefully this is very short term. Any update for a work around for SB would be welcome.

Davey
2007-07-03, 08:45
Gents,

I don't like the feel of this. A boundary they couldn't surmount? I hope not.
Very disappointing.

Davey.

Paul Webster
2007-07-04, 07:14
I've added the 128k WM streams into WikiRadio.
Don't get artist/title this way - but hopefully will only be for a short time until things get fixed properly.

Slimdevices could add those same URLs into Slim Picks then this would still work for those without the WikiRadio plug-in.

sleepysurf
2007-07-04, 07:44
I'm REALLY bummed with Radioio. They seem to have (? intentionally) pulled the plug on all of us. I also had just started streaming Radioio through my Treo 755p, so I could occasionally listen at work, but that link is broken too. I suspect they are switching to a subscription ONLY service, which IMHO would be a BIG mistake. Give us FREE streams (albeit with the annoying ads) and let us upgrade to the subscription service if desired. I'd post this on THEIR website if I could, but no new contact/feedback link there yet!

andyg
2007-07-04, 07:45
I've gone ahead and added all of the RadioIO free 128k mp3 streams to Slim Picks under the By Webcaster menu.

Paul Webster
2007-07-04, 07:49
Thanks.
In that case .. I'll now delete mine from WikiRadio.

sleepysurf
2007-07-04, 07:49
Wow, fast work! Thanks!

BTW, looking at the source code at the Radioio.com website, there's lots of "transitional" labels, but I don't understand why they couldn't just keep the old site until the new one was ready.

brawny
2007-07-04, 11:18
Thanks Andy!

I think my wife and I have become addicted to Radioio Acoustic and Jam over the last month or so, and had gone into serious withdrawal when the link broke last week.

Great job on staying on top of things. Its really appreciated!

Brawny

Pellicle
2007-07-04, 22:44
Thanks for putting in place a work around for the RadioIO feed issue.
Keeping us loyal.

bnewts
2007-07-06, 12:24
Andy - Nice work getting us back online. Things were looking pretty dicey for a couple of days there. Hope they're able to stabilize things soon over at RadioIO.

Just noticed that we're now hearing commercials on the RadioIO streams you provided in SlimPicks. We're RadioIO subscribers, so I verified RadioIO Username/Password, and all looks in order. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bob

Paul Webster
2007-07-06, 12:32
The links that are used now are generic - i.e. not personalised.
If you look on the RadioIO site you will see that there isn't even a way to login at the moment.

andyg
2007-07-06, 12:41
Right, I linked to the ad-supported streams in Picks. Once they get their issues worked out, premium streams should work again as before.

Dee
2007-07-06, 13:46
Andy, Thanks for the workaround! I first went to itunes to see if it was up and running prior to going to the forum. Funny how itunes seems unaffected.

chiauwu@gmail.com
2007-07-06, 14:41
I've gone ahead and added all of the RadioIO free 128k mp3 streams to Slim Picks under the By Webcaster menu.

hi andy,

is there any way that i can tune to 64kbps MP3 stream from RadioIO due to network speed problem causing buffering at 128kbps?

Thanks in advance.

CW

The Witchdoctor
2007-07-07, 19:37

Thanks for your help, Andy. I just checked the "radioio Country" link and it's not working. Lots of static trying to connect.

Any idea when Radioio will be back online for us "commercial-free" streamers? I really hate the commercials. Do you know, by chance, why they didn't inform anyone about the changes they are making? It's a nightmare to figure out what's going on and how to reconnect. Thanks again for all your help.

Jacob

andyg
2007-07-07, 19:52
I don't have any more information, sorry.

bnewts
2007-07-07, 22:12
I emailed RadioIO support, indicating my concerns over the stability of the service, and received this response from Greg Walters. He agreed it would be ok to post his response on this site. I'm looking forward to seeing RadioIO back and even better than before...
~Bob
------------------------------------

Hello Bob

First, in response to your concerns, thank you for listening. If you weren't listening you wouldn't have noticed the disruption in our service. We are making major changes that will have a profound impact on the listening experience at radioIO. If my email doesn't address your issue and you think it's anything beyond the bumps in a construction zone please detail any and all of your concerns to customercare@radioio.com .

We are changing not only servers but the software that we use to get the stream from our programmers mind to your ears. But wait, there's more! Take a look at our new web site too, www.radioio.com. The dramatic changes there reflect the dramatic changes behind the scenes. All of these changes will contribute to a better listening and interactive experience with radioIO.

Please bear with us during our period of adjustment or as they say in the building trade, pardon our dust during remodeling. Your input during this time is very important to us and your support is welcome and crucial as we move forward into the future of Internet radio.

During our move to a new website we discovered a problem with one of the modules of the new website. This module was key to the whole site( LOGIN module). We have this fixed and are looking at launching our new website this weekend.

We thank you for your patience in this and hope that you enjoy our new look.

Sincerely,

A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of ioWorldMedia,Inc
Gregory A Walters
Radioio Tech

NewBuyer
2007-07-07, 22:32
Hey Bob thanks for posting this. Good news indeed. :)

Zevs
2007-07-09, 10:34
Hi!

Does anyone have any idea on how to reach RADIOIO now ? Of coure their website doesn't give any options for that, really smart! I tried also to use the email address they use to send monthly confirmation of pulling money from my credit card, but so far no answer on that.

I want to cancel my subsciption since it seems I can't any longer get ad-free Radioio channels on my Squeezbox. So why pay money for what I can get for free... And one of the worst thing I can listen to is the American type of machine gun ads, how on earth can you guys stand that ??? My immediate reaction is turn it off at once and not ever try it again :) :) But id anyone knows how to reach them that would be very much appreciated!!

Zevs

bnewts
2007-07-09, 16:47
Hi!

Does anyone have any idea on how to reach RADIOIO now ? Of coure their website doesn't give any options for that, really smart! I tried also to use the email address they use to send monthly confirmation of pulling money from my credit card, but so far no answer on that.

I want to cancel my subsciption since it seems I can't any longer get ad-free Radioio channels on my Squeezbox. So why pay money for what I can get for free... And one of the worst thing I can listen to is the American type of machine gun ads, how on earth can you guys stand that ??? My immediate reaction is turn it off at once and not ever try it again :) :) But id anyone knows how to reach them that would be very much appreciated!!

Zevs

Write to them at customercare@radioio.com. Also see my (overly optimistic?) post above in this thread.

Zevs
2007-07-09, 19:37
Thanks Bob! I will try that.

Zevs

Mike Anderson
2007-07-09, 21:17
I've paid for a VIP pass to the site; does anyone know how I can hookup without hearing the commercials?

thanks

Zevs
2007-07-10, 12:28
I've paid for a VIP pass to the site; does anyone know how I can hookup without hearing the commercials?

thanks

Hi Mike!

Write to them at the address customercare@radioio.com and they will give you an url for the special stream you are most interested in, one that you can paste into the Slimserver setup (Tune in URL). Seems to work!

Zevs

Mike Anderson
2007-07-10, 18:42
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Mike Anderson
2007-07-10, 19:16
Oh well... Guess you *don't* always get what you paid for.

Hello Mike

First, in response to your concerns, thank you for listening. If you weren’t listening you wouldn’t have noticed the disruption in our service. We are making major changes that will have a profound impact on the listening experience at radioIO. If my email doesn’t address your issue and you think it’s anything beyond the bumps in a construction zone please detail any and all of your concerns to customercare@radioio.com.

We are changing not only servers but the software that we use to get the stream from our programmers mind to your ears. But wait, there’s more! Take a look at our new web site too, www.radioio.com. The dramatic changes there reflect the dramatic changes behind the scenes. All of these changes will contribute to a better listening and interactive experience with radioIO.

Please bear with us during our period of adjustment or as they say in the building trade, pardon our dust during remodeling. Your input during this time is very important to us and your support is welcome and crucial as we move forward into the future of Internet radio.

Thank you for writing, We are in the process of launching a new website and on doing so we ran in to a problem with the login module for the site this is key for our soundpass listeners, Your squeeze box requires access to an XML file to be able to give you access to the Commercial Free streams, this file is not avaiable because the full site is not up and running. We are close to being able to launch the full site and you will again have access to our commercial free stream. We are working with management to comp you for the time we have not been able to provide the sound pass service.

We are close to being able to bring the site on line we thank you for your patience while we upgade our systems.

Sincerely,

A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of ioWorldMedia,Inc
Gregory A Walters
Radioio Tech
5025West Lemon Street #200 Tampa FL USA 33609
800 884 8634 X 718
greg@radioio.com

Zevs
2007-07-11, 06:14
Hi Mike!

I guess I sent a cancelation notice, and that seemed to make them interested enough to send me an URL for the one stream I'm most often listening to

Zevs

snarlydwarf
2007-07-11, 16:35
Oh well... Guess you *don't* always get what you paid for.

We are working with management to comp you for the time we have not been able to provide the sound pass service.

If you are comped you haven't paid for it.

I agree that it seems like a mismanaged change... but at least they are being honest enough to comp you for having to endure commercials.

Though, again, whoever was behind the changes needs to be smacked for misplanning things and apparently not having an "oh crap, we are screwed, revert!" plan.

Mike Anderson
2007-07-12, 18:07
Fair enough.

Does anybody know whether this is because they are moving overseas, in response to the increase in copyright royalties?

andyg
2007-07-22, 15:14
As of this afternoon, the RadioIO OPML feed is working again, so the RadioIO menu item should be back to normal.

atlslim
2007-07-22, 18:51
As of this afternoon, the RadioIO OPML feed is working again, so the RadioIO menu item should be back to normal.

are the 128 kbps streams available? - I'm only seeing 32kbps

bnewts
2007-07-22, 22:14
Received this yesterday from Greg at RadioIO. Sounds like only 32k is working as of now.

"I was just informed that our streams are back on the squeeze box I just tested them with mine and we are back, It looks like the quality is a bit low (32k) but we are back and will restore the full 128k as soon as we can."

bnewts
2007-07-23, 16:39

Andy, I tried the radioio menu today - and besides being only 32kb, I'm still getting commercials. Am I doing something wrong? I've setup my radioio subscription info in server settings|internet radio.

Bob

andyg
2007-07-23, 16:51
Oops, you're right, I'll let you know when they fix the problem.

bnewts
2007-07-25, 14:04
If you are comped you haven't paid for it.

I agree that it seems like a mismanaged change... but at least they are being honest enough to comp you for having to endure commercials.

Though, again, whoever was behind the changes needs to be smacked for misplanning things and apparently not having an "oh crap, we are screwed, revert!" plan.

I think there's only one person that needs to be smacked for misplanning things, and creating a problem that has remained uncorrected for weeks. The person at the top at Radioio. What was he thinking???

andyg
2007-07-31, 10:51
Just a quick update on this situation.

The RadioIO menu has been changed in 6.5.4, trunk, and on SqueezeNetwork (within the next 2 hours). It no longer uses RadioIO's direct feed, and should now provide the correct SoundPass streams to members as expected. The folks at RadioIO would like to extend their sincere apologies for all the downtime.

corbey
2007-08-02, 05:15
Thanks, Andy!

Mike Anderson
2007-08-02, 19:09
I can't get Radioio Ambient to work, can anybody else?

andyg
2007-08-02, 19:33
I guess they managed to find something else to break now! At least other stations seem to be working.

Wirrkopf
2007-08-03, 00:08
I can't get Radioio Ambient to work, can anybody else?

Dont work:

Radio ambient, eclectic, one,

all other stations work for me.

vayaruina
2007-08-05, 05:07
It used to work , but now i´m gettings commercials , even my sound pass is enabled and ther server (6.5.3 ) settings are right.

Is there any fix for this?

I´ve tried to bypass this trought the SqueezeNetwork , but when i shut down the Squeezebox at scheduled time ( i use a program called sstime.exe ) it always comes back on SlimServer and i can not schedule the radio station alarm because it can not connect automaticly to the SqueezeNetwork .

I think that the Radioio folks have done a good job anyway .

Skittler
2007-08-05, 05:46
Same for me. Still getting commercials even with Soundpass.

andyg
2007-08-05, 08:10
You need to use a 6.5.4 nightly or SqueezeNetwork to get the correct streams.

andyg
2007-08-09, 12:59
As of this afternoon, it looks like RadioIO's XML feed is back to working normally, so older SlimServers should work once again. I'm going to stick to proxying it through SqueezeNetwork in future versions so that we are safe if this sort of thing happens again.

Mike Anderson
2007-08-09, 18:53
I'm using a 6.5.4 nightly, and I still get commercials despite having a Soundpass.

andyg
2007-08-09, 19:36
Er, you shouldn't be. Can you go to this page (replace 'foo' and 'bar' with your own username/password), view source, and see if you see the below block of text.

http://www.radioio.com/xml/channelsDAR.php?device=Squeezebox&speed=high&membername=foo&pw=bar

<user level="SoundPass Member">
<member>foo</member>

<email>foo@bar.com</email>
</user>

If you don't see this, you need to contact RadioIO support to check your account status.

lyteroptes
2007-08-13, 08:45
Er, you shouldn't be. Can you go to this page (replace 'foo' and 'bar' with your own username/password), view source, and see if you see the below block of text.

http://www.radioio.com/xml/channelsDAR.php?device=Squeezebox&speed=high&membername=foo&pw=bar

<user level="SoundPass Member">
<member>foo</member>

<email>foo@bar.com</email>
</user>

If you don't see this, you need to contact RadioIO support to check your account status.

I'm not getting the commercial free RadioIO Acoustic (though I think Unlimited was OK). I tried the above and didn't get that in the source but the RadioIO web site is now rubbish with no link for support. Oddly when I visit Unlimited via the web pages I see exactly the same tracks from a week ago - I guess they still have problems there?

Will support@radioio.com work?

andyg
2007-08-13, 08:54
Yeah I think that's the correct support email address.

lyteroptes
2007-08-13, 13:19
Well no response yet, and Unlimited also has the commercials. Oddly enough my account is recognised for Soundpass if I log in via the RadioIO web site.

Mike Anderson
2007-08-13, 18:24
Andy,

I'm in the same position: I tried as you suggested, and don't see that bit in the source code. However, I can login through the radioio.com website Soundpass entrance using my login and password.

andyg
2007-08-13, 18:34
You need to contact RadioIO support.

pfarrell
2007-08-13, 18:37
andyg wrote:
> You need to contact RadioIO support.

I was listening to them yesterday and they had a very long apology
about how long it has taken, how screwed up the website is, how support
isn't fast, etc.

Mike Anderson
2007-08-13, 19:02
You need to contact RadioIO support.

I did, will let you know when they respond.

Thanks for your help with all this, in any case.

Gregry Walters
2007-08-15, 11:21
Greetings,

My name is Gregory Walters, I am with the customer care dept of Radioio.com.

We have come up with a fix for the soundpass login not working for slimserver users. If your login does not work please e-mail customercare@radioio.com with your login name and I will get your account updated.

Mike Anderson
2007-08-15, 21:02
Greetings,

My name is Gregory Walters, I am with the customer care dept of Radioio.com.

We have come up with a fix for the soundpass login not working for slimserver users. If your login does not work please e-mail customercare@radioio.com with your login name and I will get your account updated.

Hi Gregry,

I sent an email a couple days ago, still waiting to hear from you guys. I confirmed that I was billed $50 in June, so my account should be in good standing. Please let me know what I have to do to get rid of the commercials.

thanks

Gregory Walters
2007-08-16, 08:20
Last evening I updated the account of the first Soundpass user that e-mailed me and he was able to login and to listen commercial free on his slimdevice. If you need to have your account updated please e-mail me at customercare@radioio.com and I will get you up and running again.

Gregory Walters
2007-08-16, 08:34
Hi Gregry,

I sent an email a couple days ago, still waiting to hear from you guys. I confirmed that I was billed $50 in June, so my account should be in good standing. Please let me know what I have to do to get rid of the commercials.

thanks

Mike I went in and did the update on all accounts I could find with your informtaion, You should be able to login to your slimserver now, Please drop me a note to verify your username, as I found several with e-mails associated with you. Just to be sure I got the right one.

Mike Anderson
2007-08-16, 19:46
Gregory,

I'm still getting the commercials.

My email is mikeand1_at_comcast.net

I'm connecting by going to Internet Radio -> Radioio.com in the SlimServer menu. I just got commercials while listening to RadioioBeat.

I will try sending you another email.

Gregory Walters
2007-08-16, 21:58
I'm not getting the commercial free RadioIO Acoustic (though I think Unlimited was OK). I tried the above and didn't get that in the source but the RadioIO web site is now rubbish with no link for support. Oddly when I visit Unlimited via the web pages I see exactly the same tracks from a week ago - I guess they still have problems there?

Will support@radioio.com work?

To contact Tech Support for Radioio, the best address to use is
customercare@radioio.com

Gregory Walters
Tech Support
Radioio.com

-Stef-
2007-08-18, 02:08
Does a (50 dollar a year) soundpass only result in ad-free radio enjoyment or are there more benefits involved? The bit rate stays 128 Kbs right?

Gregory Walters
2007-08-18, 09:15
At the moment the soundpass will stop the commercial ads, and the streaming rate
is capped at 128Kbs, There have been discussions on other things that will be avaiable for soundpass users but nothing firm for now.

If you more questions please contact me at customercare@radioio.com

Patrick Dell'Era
2007-08-19, 22:14
I sent a note to Gregory last Wednesday at 6:35 PM PDT hoping to hear a
response the next business day. However within 30 minutes Gregory got back
to me and said my account had been corrected and to give it a try. Since
then radioio has been commercial free for me.

Thanks Gregory!
--
Patrick

On 8/15/07, Gregry Walters <
Gregry.Walters.2vddjn1187202301 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
>
> Greetings,
>
> My name is Gregory Walters, I am with the customer care dept of
> Radioio.com.
>
> We have come up with a fix for the soundpass login not working for
> slimserver users. If your login does not work please e-mail
> customercare (AT) radioio (DOT) com with your login name and I will get your
> account updated.
>
>
> --
> Gregry Walters
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Gregry Walters's Profile:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=12325
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=36529
>
>

-Stef-
2007-08-20, 12:10
Thanks for the info.

At the moment the soundpass will stop the commercial ads, and the streaming rate
is capped at 128Kbs, There have been discussions on other things that will be avaiable for soundpass users but nothing firm for now.

If you more questions please contact me at customercare@radioio.com

Mike Anderson
2007-08-20, 23:09
The problem has been fixed for me too, thanks Gregory!

Love the Radioio!

Anne
2007-08-22, 09:41
What is with the message "Kiss Café", and total silence when this add is on the display ?? Freaks me out, I change station asap....

Mike Anderson
2007-08-25, 21:03
Is anybody else having problems with Radioio again?

I can get a stream for a couple seconds, then it drops out.

Gregory Walters
2007-08-26, 18:20
I have been listening off and on to the squeeze box streams and have not heard any problems. It the problems continue please drop me a note at customercare@radioio.com and I will check in to it, please advise what stream you were listening to when you had the problem.

Jazz1
2007-09-03, 18:29
I'm getting the commercial filled stream even though I have SoundPass. This happens either via my Slimserver or Squeezenetwork. Running SlimServer Version: 6.5.4 - 12568 - Mac OS X 10.4.10 (8R218) - EN - utf8

Gregory Walters
2007-09-05, 22:44
I'm getting the commercial filled stream even though I have SoundPass. This happens either via my Slimserver or Squeezenetwork. Running SlimServer Version: 6.5.4 - 12568 - Mac OS X 10.4.10 (8R218) - EN - utf8

Hello Please e-mail me at customercare@radioio.com with your username and I can get this fixed quickly.

billingsgate
2007-09-15, 03:35
I have e-mailed various addresses at radioio to report this issue of the annoying commercials over the last several days. I just tried again. I hope Greg will fix the commercial-free streams for my Soundpass membership.

Edit: Greg got back to me quickly after my latest e-mail. Obviously he's overwhelmed by many things, the complaints of Squeezebox users being among them.

RockinRay
2007-11-03, 16:41
I am a new user and having this problem even though I did purchase a Sound Pass.

I have emailed Greg and am in hopes he can get me fixed up! I will report back.

-- Ray