PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody getting connection error!

teal123
2007-06-30, 21:38
I can no longer play Rhapsody with my SB. I can access my library and see the entries just fine. But when I go to play an actual track I get:

Rhapsody Error
Player was unable to communicate with Rhapsody

I've tried a hard reboot and reloading the firmware all to no avail. Any idea what is happening here? It's pretty frustrating!

I can play Pandora tracks and stream other stations just fine. I can login into Rhapsody on my PC from the standalone app and browser play tracks just fine.

The other intersting tidbit is that I thought maybe I lost my account and password setting. So I went onto squeezenetwork and under Accounts and Music Services tried to re-save my account name and password. When I do this I get the following error:

Unable to verify your account, please try again later.

It looks to me like squeezenetwork can't communicate with Rhapsody. Are others having this problem?

Stephanie
2007-07-01, 09:04
Yes, I am having the same problem...and in addition to that, I cannot connect to slimserver. I see that the SB is accessing my computer just fine, but the server will not recognize it.

Mark Lanctot
2007-07-01, 09:50
I cannot connect to slimserver. I see that the SB is accessing my computer just fine, but the server will not recognize it.

Check again, that shouldn't be possible. You sure the SB isn't connected to SqueezeNetwork when SlimServer is trying to access it? The SB can only access one server, SN or SS, when it's on one the other can't see it.

jhonsberger@msn.com
2007-07-01, 10:53
I talked with Rhapsody customer service and they are having a problem on their side.It is affecting Sonos users as well.

teal123
2007-07-01, 12:46
Did they have any idea when it would be fixed? I was going to use Rhapsody for my barbecue music. But I guess not :-(

I talked with Rhapsody customer service and they are having a problem on their side.It is affecting Sonos users as well.

jhonsberger@msn.com
2007-07-01, 13:51
It is fixed now as of around 5:00 Pm Eastern Standard Time.

teal123
2007-07-01, 16:15
Yes! I can verify this. I am blissfully streaming from Rhapsody to my SB right now.

It is fixed now as of around 5:00 Pm Eastern Standard Time.