PDA

View Full Version : This ttotally sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gdg
2007-06-29, 19:18
I recently posted some problems I was having with the new version of Slimserver and it was suggested that I reinstall it. I tried that and now I have an even bigger problem. When rescanning my Itunes library Slimserver is only picking up on the artists from
"C" to "Z" and missing all the A's and B's. I spent 20 minutes on hold (long distance) waiting for tech support and listing to a message (every minute) telling me I was next in line. When I finally got someone he suggested deleting the folder location which specified the location of my music files ( which the setup Wizard had prompted me to verify before proceeding). Now THERE ARE NO SONGS AT LONG IN EACH ARTISTS FOLDER and it's after the 7pm deadline for tech support before the long weekend.

THIS TOTALLY SUCKS. IT'S A LONG WEEKEND AND MY SOUND SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY DISABLED. ANY SUGGESTIONS????????????????

mlsstl
2007-06-29, 19:41
> Now THERE ARE NO SONGS AT LONG IN EACH ARTISTS FOLDER...

I'm not sure what that means. You might take a deep breath and try re-stating your problem and what you've tried.

Is the music still appearing in iTunes? I hope you did not actually delete a music directory from your hard drive.

JJZolx
2007-06-29, 20:09
ANY SUGGESTIONS????????????????
New version, as in the 6.5.2 release, or the latest 6.5 nightly? You definitely want the latest nightly.

Have you ever tried operating without the iTunes integration? That seems to cause no end of headaches for way too many users. Disable the iTunes plugin, restart SlimServer, make sure the music folder is correct, then run a clear/rescan.

gdg
2007-06-29, 20:46
Thanx guys. I sure appreciate the fact people that people are willing to take the time to help.

I got things working now and part of the problem was my own mistake. When I reinstalled (again) I didn't realize I had to set my Itunes preference to scan songs that weren't checked in the library (I hate doing reinstalls because I always miss something when I go back and try and remember all my previous settings). I'm not sure why the A's and B's weren't getting scanned before but that seems to be rectified now.

gdg
2007-06-29, 20:48
New version, as in the 6.5.2 release, or the latest 6.5 nightly? You definitely want the latest nightly.

Have you ever tried operating without the iTunes integration? That seems to cause no end of headaches for way too many users. Disable the iTunes plugin, restart SlimServer, make sure the music folder is correct, then run a clear/rescan.

Hey dude,
Shouldn't it be Monk, Miles and Trane? ;^)

gdg
2007-06-29, 21:57

I noticed the comment on 6.5 nightly. What the hey is that? I just went to the Slimdevices website, clicked downloads, made sure Windows XP was selected and proceeded to download. I didn't get a choice of downloads and just assumed that the 6.52 that loaded up was the most recent fully tested version. Should I be doing something different?

gdg
2007-06-29, 22:02
> Now THERE ARE NO SONGS AT LONG IN EACH ARTISTS FOLDER...

I'm not sure what that means.

I'm not sure what that means either. ;^)
I meant to say "Now THERE ARE NO SONGS AT ALL IN EACH ARTISTS FOLDER..."

JimC
2007-06-29, 22:09
I noticed the comment on 6.5 nightly. What the hey is that? I just went to the Slimdevices website, clicked downloads, made sure Windows XP was selected and proceeded to download. I didn't get a choice of downloads and just assumed that the 6.52 that loaded up was the most recent fully tested version. Should I be doing something different?

"The latest nightly" is a phrase you hear around here a lot. SlimServer is an open platform where our community contributes code -- new features, bug fixes, etc. -- and we compile a new version every single night. Hence the phrase "nightly".

JJZolx was pointing out "the nightly" because there's a bug in 6.5.2 that causes some people to have problems during the music scan. A fix has been checked in, so the latest nightly corrects that problem.

You can always find the latest version here:

http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/6.5/

-=> Jim

gdg
2007-06-30, 02:33
"The latest nightly" is a phrase you hear around here a lot. SlimServer is an open platform where our community contributes code -- new features, bug fixes, etc. -- and we compile a new version every single night. Hence the phrase "nightly".

JJZolx was pointing out "the nightly" because there's a bug in 6.5.2 that causes some people to have problems during the music scan. A fix has been checked in, so the latest nightly corrects that problem.

You can always find the latest version here:

http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/6.5/

-=> Jim

Sorry for being dense, but is the link you gave me the location where I download the 6.5 "nightly" install?

hunta
2007-06-30, 02:38
It is. Since you're running XP you want the one labelled 'Windows Executable'.

valeite
2007-06-30, 02:41
Yes choose the one that matches your operating system,

gdg
2007-06-30, 03:28
Thanx dudes. Maybe at some point I'll even get enough programing under my own belt to contribute (I've done a couple of courses in Java).