PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Repair

kkitts
2007-06-24, 14:54
Hi All,
I've recently purchased an old Squeezebox 2 off of eBay. The unit was advertised as being "wired only". It seems a bit strange to me - but there is a round "hole" in the back pane (center) of the unit.

Also, when you turn the unit upside down or on it's side you can hear parts falling around inside. However, a couple of days of testing seems to indicate that the unit is working fine.

I'd really like to remove whatever is rattling around loose inside the case - even though it seems to work anyway. Is it is simple as removing the screws that are on the bottom of the unit? Also, do you need a special tool to do this?

Any hints or tips most apprec. Thanks.

SuperQ
2007-06-24, 16:42
Hi All,
I've recently purchased an old Squeezebox 2 off of eBay. The unit was advertised as being "wired only". It seems a bit strange to me - but there is a round "hole" in the back pane (center) of the unit.

I'd really like to remove whatever is rattling around loose inside the case - even though it seems to work anyway. Is it is simple as removing the screws that are on the bottom of the unit? Also, do you need a special tool to do this?

Any hints or tips most apprec. Thanks.

The hole is for the wifi connector I think. There might have been a cover over the hole which could be the rattling.

It should just be a torx bit to remove the cover, it's not complicated or hard to repair. One of the few consumer devices that is nice that way.

seanadams
2007-06-24, 16:51
The screw size is Torx T-10

kkitts
2007-06-24, 19:37
What luck... someone gave me a denali electric screwdriver that came with a Torx bit.

I got it open. A couple of little pieces on one side that hold the main display broke loose - but otherwise - as far as I can tell - the unit works perfectly. I'm surprised that it could take that amount of jarring and have the electronics remain intact.

Just like timex, eh - takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Thanks!