PDA

View Full Version : Music Library on Another Computer

jccorbi
2007-06-23, 05:30
Hi all - new to this forum so if there is a better place to ask this question, let me know. I have a computer attached to my home theater system running Slimserver. I would like it to access a music collection on another computer on my network.
Can't seem to get past the "Oops .. " message. I've tried both mapped drives (eg. K:/) and UNC (eg. \\curt3\k\_audio\). The permissions on the drive are set to allow access from anyone.
Any suggestions?

Curt

Patrick Dixon
2007-06-23, 05:57
Hi all - new to this forum so if there is a better place to ask this question, let me know. I have a computer attached to my home theater system running Slimserver. I would like it to access a music collection on another computer on my network.
Can't seem to get past the "Oops .. " message. I've tried both mapped drives (eg. K:/) and UNC (eg. \\curt3\k\_audio\). The permissions on the drive are set to allow access from anyone.
Any suggestions?

Curt
Does this help?
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=36278

jccorbi
2007-06-24, 06:31
I was able to solve the problem by creating a user account for the slimserver service. This allowed slimserver to recognize the \\server\k\_audio path pointing to my library.

I appreciate the quick response.

Curt

SpritHansi
2007-07-15, 16:02
I was able to solve the problem by creating a user account for the slimserver service. This allowed slimserver to recognize the \\server\k\_audio path pointing to my library.

I appreciate the quick response.

Curt

Hi!
Can you please describe how to do that?