PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to MySQL using SQyog

givendale
2007-06-22, 19:06
Hi All,

I'm trying to use SQLyog to connect to the Slimserver DB on a Clark connect server.

It is a standard install on Slimserver 6.5.1.

Can anyone tell me the port, username and password to access the DB remotely?

Thanks in advance.

Givendale

JJZolx
2007-06-22, 20:31
Change the line:

bind-address = 127.0.0.1

Either set it to a single IP address (the IP address of the server). For example,

bind-address = 192.168.1.5

or else delete the line or comment it out, as in:

#bind-address = 127.0.0.1

If you delete the line or comment it out, then MySQL will listen on all IP addresses that the machine may have, which won't hurt anything.

Rereading this, I see a slight problem if you set an explicit bind address other than 127.0.0.1. If you do this then SlimServer won't be able to connect, since it will try to connect to 127.0.0.1 per its configuration. If you want to do this then you'll also need to modify the slimserver.pref file, changing the IP address in the line:

dbsource: dbi:mysql:hostname=127.0.0.1;port=9092;database=%s

If you comment out or remove the bind-address line then you won't have to mess with the SlimServer dbsource.

givendale
2007-06-23, 02:12
Thanks for that I'll give it a try.

Givendale

bert1e
2007-06-24, 12:44
Are you running Clarkconnects MySQL or the one in slimserver? In my case I was using MySQL so what I had to do was go to the admin web page of MySQL and click on privileges. I then created a user and password for a user who could do everything. Then it all worked.

Before creating the user I was getting an 1130 error everytime I tried to connect.

givendale
2007-06-25, 02:48
I am using the SlimServer version of MySQL.

There is something wierd here because the original reply to my post seems to have disappeared. Oly part of the text has appeared in JJZolx's quote. Can anyone enlighten me as to what has happened.

I never had a chance to use the information from the previous post.

Regards
Givendale

JJZolx
2007-06-25, 08:15
I am using the SlimServer version of MySQL.

There is something wierd here because the original reply to my post seems to have disappeared. Oly part of the text has appeared in JJZolx's quote. Can anyone enlighten me as to what has happened.

I never had a chance to use the information from the previous post.

Sorry about that, not sure what happened. Here it is again:

The default configuration of the bundled MySQL only listens on the localhost IP address of 127.0.0.1, which means you can only connect to MySQL from the same computer on which it's running. If you want to connect from another computer using SQLyog or any other software, you need to change that behavior.

Edit the file /server/MySQL/my.tt and then restart both MySQL and SlimServer. Comment out the line

bind-address : 127.0.0.01

to

#bind-address : 127.0.0.1

and MySQL will then listen on both localhost and all other IP addresses bound to the machine.

The port used is 9092, the username is 'slimserver' and the password is blank.

givendale
2007-06-29, 02:09
Thanks JJZolx, I'll give it a go.

MattW
2007-09-20, 04:31
Sorry about that, not sure what happened. Here it is again:

The default configuration of the bundled MySQL only listens on the localhost IP address of 127.0.0.1, which means you can only connect to MySQL from the same computer on which it's running. If you want to connect from another computer using SQLyog or any other software, you need to change that behavior.

Edit the file /server/MySQL/my.tt and then restart both MySQL and SlimServer. Comment out the line

bind-address : 127.0.0.01

to

#bind-address : 127.0.0.1

and MySQL will then listen on both localhost and all other IP addresses bound to the machine.

The port used is 9092, the username is 'slimserver' and the password is blank.

Great info, works a treat. Just for completeness you also need to make sure you open the firewall for port 9092 (or whatever port you are using) if you have a firewall configured.

matt