PDA

View Full Version : Bulk MP3 ID3 Tag editing

Jon Warburton
2004-01-09, 05:08
Hi all,

I want to add ID3 information to a lot of MP3s that I have. A lot of the utilities that i have looked at seem to be heavily biased towards identifying albums. I have a lot of individual tracks and didnt have much luck.

I did find one piece of software that I found to be very good was ID3MAN. It has a batch mode where u select all your MP3s and hit Identify and it fills in the ID3 information for you.

The few tests that I did last night I found to be very accurate. The problem is, they charge you $19.99 per 3000 identifies. Now while this is a hell of a lot better than typing the information out myself I was wondering if anyone else could recommend some software that they have found useful. Prefferably at a one off fee or even better free :)

btw if you want to use ID3Man the link is

http://www.id3man.com/

You can grab the software for nothing but if you want to use identify you have to create a user account. You dont have to give any credit card details, its just a bit lengthy but I found that you could skip most of the questions. You get 25 idents to try it with. If you do have a look at it can I be cheeky and ask that you name me as a referal as you get 100 idents per referal. Just enter my username of jwarburton

I look forward to see how other people have done this.

regards

Jon Warburton

Victor Brilon
2004-01-09, 06:57
Check out http://www.musicbrainz.org. Does a great job of identifying
and tagging MP3s

Victor

Jon Warburton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to add ID3 information to a lot of MP3s that I have. A lot of the utilities that i have looked at seem to be heavily biased towards identifying albums. I have a lot of individual tracks and didnt have much luck.
>
> I did find one piece of software that I found to be very good was ID3MAN. It has a batch mode where u select all your MP3s and hit Identify and it fills in the ID3 information for you.
>
> The few tests that I did last night I found to be very accurate. The problem is, they charge you $19.99 per 3000 identifies. Now while this is a hell of a lot better than typing the information out myself I was wondering if anyone else could recommend some software that they have found useful. Prefferably at a one off fee or even better free :)
>
> btw if you want to use ID3Man the link is
>
> http://www.id3man.com/
>
> You can grab the software for nothing but if you want to use identify you have to create a user account. You dont have to give any credit card details, its just a bit lengthy but I found that you could skip most of the questions. You get 25 idents to try it with. If you do have a look at it can I be cheeky and ask that you name me as a referal as you get 100 idents per referal. Just enter my username of jwarburton
>
> I look forward to see how other people have done this.
>
> regards
>
> Jon Warburton
>
>
>
>
>
>

Jean-=?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9fane=20Bergeron?=
2004-01-09, 07:22
Jon,

You should give this a try - sounds like something you might be
interested in and its "priceless" (tm), ...well free.

Cheers.

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 12:08:57 -0000, "Jon Warburton" <jon (AT) jwarburton (DOT) com>
said:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to add ID3 information to a lot of MP3s that I have. A lot of the
> utilities that i have looked at seem to be heavily biased towards
> identifying albums. I have a lot of individual tracks and didnt have
> much luck.
>
> I did find one piece of software that I found to be very good was ID3MAN.
> It has a batch mode where u select all your MP3s and hit Identify and it
> fills in the ID3 information for you.
>
> The few tests that I did last night I found to be very accurate. The
> problem is, they charge you $19.99 per 3000 identifies. Now while this
> is a hell of a lot better than typing the information out myself I was
> wondering if anyone else could recommend some software that they have
> found useful. Prefferably at a one off fee or even better free :)
>
> btw if you want to use ID3Man the link is
>
> http://www.id3man.com/
>
> You can grab the software for nothing but if you want to use identify you
> have to create a user account. You dont have to give any credit card
> details, its just a bit lengthy but I found that you could skip most of
> the questions. You get 25 idents to try it with. If you do have a look
> at it can I be cheeky and ask that you name me as a referal as you get
> 100 idents per referal. Just enter my username of jwarburton
>
> I look forward to see how other people have done this.
>
> regards
>
> Jon Warburton
>
>
>
>
>
>