PDA

View Full Version : SB3 Arrived Today - First Question: Now Playing View

Nigel
2007-06-20, 07:09
Hi everyone,

Well I must be one of the lucky ones! Got it out of the box and was playing music from my TS101-NAS in less than 5 mins!! (The Techno Gods must be smiling on me today :))

FIRST QUESTION
When I am in now playing all the information that is displayed is:

Track title

I had hoped (expected) that it might automatically scroll through the other information like Artist, Album etc automatically. I worked out I can > to get to the other info, but wonder if I am missing something? I would love default view to scroll through info automatically.

Thanks, Nigel

GlennT
2007-06-20, 07:21
From within Slimserver, go to:
Server Settings, Formatting, and scroll down to Title Format.

Or, on the Squeezebox, go to:
Settings, Song Title Format, and select the format you want.

IIRC, it will automatically scroll if there is more info than what will fit on the screen. I don't remember having to change anything for scrolling, but I could be wrong.

mflint
2007-06-20, 07:22
Keep pressing "Now Playing" - that'll cycle you through the various displays... one of those might do what you want.

The set of available "Now Playing" displays is configured in the web interface somewhere.

neilcoburn
2007-06-20, 08:11
The set of available "Now Playing" displays is configured in the web interface somewhere.

... in 'Player Settings' rather than 'Server Settings'

GlennT
2007-06-20, 08:26
Keep pressing "Now Playing" - that'll cycle you through the various displays... one of those might do what you want.

When I do that on mine, it simply changes the "Now Playing" info (i.e elapsed time, remaining time, VU Meter, etc...), which may be part of the answer. I have mine with only time remaining, so more of the title info will fit, but it still scrolls for info that doesn't fit.

Now that I look at it, I believe I have the Slimserver side wrong. It is:
Player Settings for [SB name], Basic Settings, then Title Format.

Skittler
2007-06-20, 09:03
In the server settings, you can configure which format options are available. You can set ones you don't like to "Nothing" and they will get removed. You can add your own too. I have mine set to "TITLE [ARTIST]" because you get a lot of tracks ending in round brackets already, so the square brackets are better for separation. Also note I've put two spaces in the middle to make it clearer.

That gives you the available format OPTIONS only. Then in Player Settings in the web interface (or from the remote) you select the actual one you want, but the good news is you won't see the ones you don't like as available options. Great stuff.

Also, you can do the same for the Now Playing options, so if you don't like the full length Spectrum Analyser (who does?) then just remove it from the list of available options.

Now, back on the SB3, you can cycle through the Now Playing options by pressing, er, Now Playing, and it won't be there any more.

Nigel
2007-06-20, 12:35
Got there in the end, thanks everyone!