View Full Version : Crossfade problems with 6.5.2?

2007-06-17, 22:00
I had been having a problem with 6.5.1 that several other people on the forums had commented on - the last fraction of a second of all songs being cut off. I was anxious to upgrade to 6.5.2 since I had heard that the problem was resolved there. Now I have the opposite problem - there is a long pause between songs, as though Fade Out was select. I have checked the Crossfade settings to ensure they're off. I even tried turning turning them on, then exiting, then turning them off, etc. Configuring the device locally rather than from the PC had the same results.

Any suggestions on resolving this? Listening to the 2nd side of Abbey Road is now impossible since there's about a 5-10 second delay between the tracks which are supposed to be contiguous...


2007-06-17, 22:15
The last person who saw that behavior was running iTunes update but did not have iTunes running, so slimserver wasted time trying to connect to iTunes to report a track played.... and then timing out.

Are you using iTunes?

2007-06-17, 23:09
I do have the iTunes update plug-in installed. It's possible that I didn't have iTunes running when I hit this problem. Let me try that...OK just tried it but no luck.

I ensured I have iTunes running. I played one song and noticed that the display on the SB3 froze with 11 seconds left to play on the song. The song completed and then there was about 14 seconds of silence. The next song started and the display came back to life. I thought this might have been a one-time thing so I tried it again, and exactly the same sequence happened.

This is new since 6.5.2; I had the iTunes updater running since 6.5.1 with no obvious issues.

2007-06-18, 08:17
Please try disabling all 3rd party plugins just to be sure they aren't the problem.

2007-06-18, 10:16
Thanks. Last night I cleared and rescanned my library, and also disabled the plug-ins. I'll report back on whether that fixes the problem.

2007-06-19, 08:04
Looks like rescanning the library fixed the problem. I was able to re-enable the plug-ins and still have everything work properly.

It's odd that I had to do a complete rescan when I upgraded to 6.5.1 to solve some problems and now a complete rescan when moving to 6.5.2 to fix this.

In any case, problem solved and thanks for the help.