PDA

View Full Version : Saving playlist not working from remote

Robert Vivian
2007-06-15, 15:59
I am running SlimServer 6.5.3 on a Qnap TS-101. I am able to save the current playlist from the web interface. However, when I press Now Playing and then hold down Play I am not presented with any way to name and save the current playlist using the remote. Does anyone else have this problem?

kdf
2007-06-15, 16:25
It's working fine for me on my setup. Are you using the Trackstat plugin (it also puts functions on the play.hold button)? Is anything showing in the log?

There is, however, a problem in the 7.0a1 builds with save playlist. Could you have downloaded that unintentionally?

-kdf

Robert Vivian
2007-06-16, 04:48
Are you talking about the build for SlimServer or each of my players? By the way, I stated the version of SlimServer inforectly. It is 6.3.1. I did find that the firmware version of both players is 55 if that helps.

Robert Vivian
2007-06-16, 08:18
I did a bit more investigation and found that a Save Playlist Plugin came preinstalled. It may seem dumb but I did not realize that any plugins came preinstalled. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

kdf
2007-06-16, 09:56
Some plugins do work their way into the core distribution as they are deemed to be useful to the greater user base and if they fit with the core design of the server. They remain as plugins because it is sometimes useful to allow them to be disabled by users wanting to strip down features to gain a smaller memory footprint.

There have been bugs in the past that have caused problems with the save playlist plugin, and 6.3.1 could easily be one version that had a problem. If you aren't interested in upgrading to a current version, you'll probably want to check the log and enable d_plugins, d_command and see what turns up.

-kdf