PDA

View Full Version : 6.5.2 indexing problems

jarome
2007-06-13, 20:05
I often have trouble finding albums that I have ripped. The attached pic is of Samuel Barber's Cello Concerto. I have checked its mp3 tags multiple times--they are right. I can find the album on the Web page as illustrated.

But if I go into "Artists" on my SqueezeBox or SoftSqueeze, and navigate to "Barber, Samuel", it is not there! I reindex my library (32769 songs)every night, and it still does not appear. How can I tell where it got indexed so I can play the album from the SqueezeBox?

strindberg
2007-06-13, 23:02
Version 6.5.2 was released with a bug, which makes albums disappear from the album list if one or more of the files in the album contain the "COMPOSER" tag set.

Check if this is the case for you, and if it is, you can update to one of the nightly builds, where the problem is solved.

Gildahl
2007-06-14, 04:31
Small refinement to the previous post. Getting rid of the composer tag *will* work, but I found that the bug is actually tied to when the Composer and Artist tags are the same. As long as the text is different, the problem doesn't seem to occur. You can also "fix" the problem by choosing to list composer with your artist, but that can result in unwieldy artist lists.

I retagged my music to correct this problem (fortunately, I didn't have much music with this problem), but its good to hear that there is now a real fix for this. I wasn't aware of this. I'll have to give it a try.

Dave

Version 6.5.2 was released with a bug, which makes albums disappear from the album list if one or more of the files in the album contain the "COMPOSER" tag set.

Check if this is the case for you, and if it is, you can update to one of the nightly builds, where the problem is solved.

jarome
2007-06-14, 06:12
I don't fill in any of the composer tags. But indeed, they were there and the same.

I tried building the 6.5.3 server on SUSE (the way I always do), but it would not connect to mySQL. Any suggestions?

jarome
2007-06-14, 06:46
I tried rebuilding 6.5.3 this morning and it now works.
But, it is getting to be a pain to keep having to patch the Buttons module to fix the problems with the screen saver. It does not go back to standby if an album is palyed through to the end. This was fixed in Bugzilla, but the patch has not been incorporated into even 6.5.3. Please put this in!!

In ScreenSaver.pm, around line 103, you need:
} elsif ($timeout &&
# no ir for at least the screensaver timeout
$irtime < $now - $timeout &&

# make sure it's not already in a valid saver mode.
( ($mode ne $saver && Slim::Buttons::Common::validMode($saver)) ||
# in case the saver is 'now playing' and we're browsing another song
($mode eq 'playlist' && !Slim::Buttons::Playlist::showingNowPlaying($clien t)) ||
# just in case it falls into default, we dont want recursive pushModes
($mode ne 'screensaver' && !Slim::Buttons::Common::validMode($saver)) ) &&

# not blocked and power is on
$mode ne 'block' && $client->power()) {

mherger
2007-06-14, 06:57
> to standby if an album is palyed through to the end. This was fixed in
> Bugzilla, but the patch has not been incorporated into even 6.5.3.

What bug is this?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

jarome
2007-06-14, 07:48
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4351

It was fixed, but only in the 7.0 nightlies. Why not now?? There seems now to be yet another release of 6.5 first.

mherger
2007-06-14, 08:45
> It was fixed, but only in the 7.0 nightlies. Why not now?? There seems
> now to be yet another release of 6.5 first.

I've checked it in for 6.5.x - please test tomorrow's 6.5.3 build.

Michael

jarome
2007-06-16, 19:15
The 6.3 6-15 build works just fine.

But I have a suggestion. Right now it is very difficult to tell how any given track is indexed by the database. This is an issue when the tags are wrong (or the database is wrong). For example, in the picture I sent, why cant it have an addition such as:
Indexed under
Artist: Barber, Samuel
Album: Cello Concerto...