PDA

View Full Version : Two servers, no-no?

badbob
2007-06-13, 17:52
I have two computers on my LAN, my normal XP MCE with Slimserver installed, that's detected two SB's and working fine.

Playing around with Ubuntu 6.10, Linux MCE and Slimserver. SS seems to have installed ok, but it's not finding the SB's. Is it because I have another Slimserver on the LAN?

snarlydwarf
2007-06-13, 18:00
Yes, each SB can only connect to one server at a time.

Hold the left arrow until it lets you choose a server.

JJZolx
2007-06-13, 20:50
Follow snarlydwarf's advice, but be forewarned that there seems to be a bug in recent SB and Transporter firmware where the player won't give you the option of selecting from all the SlimServers on the network. I've noticed that sometimes it does, but when it doesn't the only way to connect to a server not shown is to manually enter its IP address.

badbob
2007-06-14, 02:25
oh well my Ubuntu install lasted long :-(

Ubuntu 6.10
Linux MCE (took ages!)
Automatix
Slimserver
Ran Linux MCE seemed to update more things. Reboot and dead.

4mula1
2007-06-14, 13:24
SlimServer doesn't find the Squeezeboxes, the Squeezeboxes find SlimServer. This is why you don't see them in Ubuntu. Press and hold the left arrow on the remote to get to the setup menu, then select the server you want to use.

I had an issue when I was running two servers where one of the servers wouldn't show up. I'd reconnect then disconnect and they both would show up. The bug mentioned by JJZolx may be different.

JJZolx
2007-06-14, 14:37
I had an issue when I was running two servers where one of the servers wouldn't show up. I'd reconnect then disconnect and they both would show up. The bug mentioned by JJZolx may be different.

Probably the same bug. I don't recall the steps taken to be able to see all the servers, but that could have been it.