PDA

View Full Version : Weird scanning behaviour causing hair loss!

ijhammo
2007-06-12, 16:53
Hi all

I am experiencing a really weird issue when scanning in one particular album which has me pulling my hair out!

I have about 120 albums, all in WAV format, with the folder structure denoting the album artist. that all works perfectly and the structure is spot on.

So I add a new album by Alanis Morissettte, and rescan. This is where it gets weird. In the artist listing I now have 2 Alanis morissette listed!

The first is spelt Alanis Morisette (only one s) and has just the first track listed.

The second is spelt Alanis Morissette and has tracks 2 to 13!!

I have tried everything I could think of but just cannot get it to work correctly.

Has anyone got any ideas at all??

I am running the latest version of the server software available for the ReadyNAS NV+. I tested it on my PC and it does the same thing too!

Thanks!

vain4
2007-06-13, 07:08
check the tags in the files using your favorite tagging program.
i think you'll find that it is misspelled in the tags.

Mark Lanctot
2007-06-13, 07:38
check the tags in the files using your favorite tagging program.
i think you'll find that it is misspelled in the tags.

There aren't any tags in WAVs (not standard, anyway). But since SlimServer is using the folder structure, there must be a difference in the folder names. It has no other way to determine artist name. This name might be in two places, the folder name but possibly the filename if "Artist - Album - Track number - Track Title.wav" was used.