PDA

View Full Version : Does SlimDevices plan to exhibit at Rocky Mountain AudioFest

tggreen
2007-06-11, 11:44
Does SlimDevices have any plans to exhibit at Rocky Mountain AudioFest in October (see link below)?

http://audiofest.net/2007/

I think this would be a good venue for SlimDevices to demo the Transporter to a lot of potential customers. I would show up just to listen to that.

-- Thorn

Jez
2007-06-11, 12:04
We don't plan on having a Logitech booth there currently, but lat year some of our resellers did show Transporter and I'm hoping to work something similar out this year.

tggreen
2007-06-12, 07:56
OK, Thanks.

-- Thorn

sleepysurf
2007-10-15, 05:54
I just got back from RMAF, which I enjoyed immensely. Squeezeboxes and Transporters WERE used in quite a few demo rooms, as were the Sonos product(s) and various computers for streaming playback.

There was a panel discussion (Fri and Sat) about music streaming/servers which featured reps from Sonos, Logitech, a local Denver high-end A/V installer, and a fourth vendor whom I can't recall. The Logitech guy was from their Harmony remote division (?), but represented the line well. I attended the Fri session, and they focused on the BASICS of streaming, covering the pros/cons of lossy vs. lossless codecs, music downloading, ripping, storage, etc. with some Q&A time afterwards. There were no demos given. Only NEW info I gleaned from the session was their mention of a free program called "URL Sniffer" which identifies the precise URL to use for Internet Radio. If anybody has a link for the latest version, please post!

As mentioned, various demo rooms had Squeezeboxes or Transporters, in use. Modwright had their modded tube-rectified Transporter there (and the new USB Benchmark DAC) but unfortunately it wasn't being used at the time I stopped by.

Regardless, it's clear that computer/streaming has truly achieved "audiophile" acceptance. I believe 'The Absolute Sound' plans an upcoming feature covering this emerging market. I hope Logitech, while likely pursuing more of the mainstream mid-fi market, continues to support R&D for the high-end as well.

ddewey
2007-10-15, 09:11
Quoting sleepysurf (sleepysurf.2yhwxn1192452901 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

>
> I just got back from RMAF, which I enjoyed immensely. Squeezeboxes and
> Transporters WERE used in quite a few demo rooms, as were the Sonos
> product(s) and various computers for streaming playback.
>
> There was a panel discussion (Fri and Sat) about music
> streaming/servers which featured reps from Sonos, Logitech, a local
> Denver high-end A/V installer, and a fourth vendor whom I can't recall.
> The Logitech guy was from their Harmony remote division (?), but
> represented the line well. I attended the Fri session, and they
> focused on the BASICS of streaming, covering the pros/cons of lossy vs.
> lossless codecs, music downloading, ripping, storage, etc. with some Q&A
> time afterwards. There were no demos given. Only NEW info I gleaned
> from the session was their mention of a free program called "URL
> Sniffer" which identifies the precise URL to use for Internet Radio. If
> anybody has a link for the latest version, please post!

http://all-streaming-media.com/find-stream-URL/Project-URL-Snooper-Find-the-actual-stream-URL-Free-download.htm

IIRC this is the code the Roku radio sniffer tool is based on.