PDA

View Full Version : Bad file causing total system crash?

Kyle
2007-06-09, 21:12
I was playing an album tonight and about 10 seconds into one of the songs, my SB2 quit playing, the screen became garbled and then turned totally green. I unplugged the device and plugged it back in. It hooked into the network fine and began playing the same song. At the same spot in the song, it quit playing and the screen did the same thing. After going through this one more time, I tried powering off and back on. Got the same result on the same song. Then I tried skipping to another song and things worked perfectly. Back to the offending track and another crash. I assume the track is somehow corrupt, but how could a bad file crash the device?

Amauta
2007-06-10, 00:58
I had a simular problem more than a year ago. SD-Support was very interested to have that file, and they asked me to send the file to them.

Bug:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1613

Kyle
2007-06-10, 08:20
The bug says there is a firmware fix. Did you install it, and did it fix the problem? I'm running 6.3.1. I wonder if the firmware fix will work with the version I'm using?

Amauta
2007-06-10, 08:42
I also use version 6.3.1 which includes the firmwarefix. Can you give a link where I can download the file and try it myself?

Kyle
2007-06-10, 17:46
The problem was occurring on my beach system. I've got the same album on my home system, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know how that goes.