PDA

View Full Version : How do you save a random playlist?

Mark Gillespie
2007-06-09, 10:10
Hi,

I have 3 playlists of songs that I would like to play at a party on 16th June. I have added all of the songs in the order of going through my albums on the Web Interface of Slim Server. I would like to be able to put the tracks in each playlist in a random order and then save that random order so that I can added a couple of specific tracks to play at the beginning and the end of the playlist. Does anyone know how I can do this?? I am not bothered if this has to be done outside of slim server as long as the playlist can be played using slim server for my party.

Kind Regards

Mark

aubuti
2007-06-09, 11:17
Using the remote, you can save the playlist using the Plugins>>Save Playlist menu. In the web ui, there's a "Save" button on the right pane at the top of the playlist. That's with the default skin, all or most other skins have something similar. Note that you have to have defined a directory for your playlists in the Server Settings>>Basic screen.

Mark Lanctot
2007-06-09, 13:25
I also just noticed a setting in Server Settings - Behavior - Save Shuffled Playlist (at the bottom of the screen) which may come in handy.

When you choose to save a playlist, and it's been shuffled, you can choose to save it in the original order the songs were added or in the shuffled order.

Choices are "Save playlists in order songs were added" or "Save playlists in shuffled order".

Mark Gillespie
2007-06-09, 14:00
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help guys, especialy to Mark Lanctot. That was exactly what I was looking for :)

Cheers

Mark