PDA

View Full Version : Transporter not playing...

ccjj
2007-06-06, 19:38
I just upgraded to SS 6.5.2 and Transporter firmware version 31. Everything seems working fine while all functions are working but its not playing. When I select a song and press play, the Transporter shows "Now Playing" and song info with counter reading at 0:00 and will not move anymore! I can choose another song and press play, it jumps to the new song and will stop right at the beginning again. I tried rebooting PC and unplug the Transporter, rescan music... nothing works. What happened?

Eric Seaberg
2007-06-06, 20:27
how about double-checking your transcoding options... did something change? What OS are you using?

ccjj
2007-06-06, 20:38
how about double-checking your transcoding options... did something change? What OS are you using?

I am running on XP Pro. Transcoding options? I was pretty much running standard setup. It actaully play for one song before it stopped and won't move again.

WSLam
2007-06-06, 21:00
Is the problem format dependent?

ccjj
2007-06-06, 21:38
Is the problem format dependent?

You mean file format? I tried flac and wma, same result.

ccjj
2007-06-07, 01:16
I am suspecting there could be a problem when the Transporter upgrade its firmware. During upgrading, it came to a point that it said it will reboot and it shut itself without wakig up. I have to press the power button to turn it back on but it seems working fine except playing. Could that be a problem? Can I force the Transporter to reload the firmware again?

PhilNYC
2007-06-07, 05:53
Are you connected via wireless? If so, try connecting the Transporter to your router via Ethernet and see if it plays (make sure to change the network configuration to Wired). If it plays fine that way, see if there's a firmware upgrade for your wireless router.

slimkid
2007-06-07, 08:49
I am suspecting there could be a problem when the Transporter upgrade its firmware. During upgrading, it came to a point that it said it will reboot and it shut itself without wakig up. I have to press the power button to turn it back on but it seems working fine except playing. Could that be a problem? Can I force the Transporter to reload the firmware again?

I believe you need to press and hold the brightness button to force that.

ccjj
2007-06-07, 20:45
Thanks to all. I got it working finally. It was a Transporter upgrade problem.

I had another PC with an older version of Slimserver that I tried to connect with the The Transporter, it "upgrade" back to an older version firmware and it worked. I then switched back to my music server with Slimserver 6.5.2 and the Transporter upgraded itself again. It is working fine now.

Didn't try the brightness button.