PDA

View Full Version : Remote Query

miniwaites
2007-06-06, 01:26
Hello

I've just received my squeezebox (with Qnap 101) - it is the new Logitech branded version. I just have a query about the remote. It seems that they have redesigned it slightly and it has a button called 'Browse' however pressing this button doesn't do anything. Can anybody tell me what this button is for?

many thanks

chiauwu@gmail.com
2007-06-06, 01:44
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, pressing 'browse' key doesn't do anything in squeezenetwork mode (SN); but under Slimserver mode (SS), it enable you to browse album, artist,genres,music folder,new music,etc.

Cheers,

mherger
2007-06-06, 02:48
> 'Browse' however pressing this button doesn't do anything. Can anybody
> tell me what this button is for?

It should jump to the browse mode where you can browse your collection by
different criteria (artist, album...). Will have to test tonight.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

miniwaites
2007-06-06, 02:53
Thanks for the replies. Well my browse button definitely doesn't take me to the browse music section. I had assumed it would do that but when it didn't I assumed it may have a more exotic function. If yours works then maybe mines broken or set up wrongly.

miniwaites
2007-06-07, 08:43
hello,

i don't suppose you've had a chance to test your browse button yet have you?

cheers

mherger
2007-06-07, 09:32
> i don't suppose you've had a chance to test your browse button yet have
> you?

Oh, I did. It's working as expected. Are you sure you're connected to your
server and not to Squeezenetwork?

Michael

peterw
2007-06-07, 09:54
Thanks for the replies. Well my browse button definitely doesn't take me to the browse music section. I had assumed it would do that but when it didn't I assumed it may have a more exotic function. If yours works then maybe mines broken or set up wrongly.

You said you're using a Qnap -- it seems likely that it's running an older version of Slimserver that doesn't recognize the Browse button.

miniwaites
2007-06-08, 01:18
Ah I think that must be it - I'm running 6.3.1 but don't want to upgrade to 6.5.1 as yet because of the 'sleep' problems with the Qnap.

Thanks for everyone's help.